Apollo Visits and Aphrodite Gives Makeovers

I WOKE UP IN SOME SORT OF FIELD, and looked around me. There was a person sitting about 10 feet away from me, playing a ukulele. That someone happened to be Apollo, this is definitely a dream.

"Dad?"

Apollo looked up. "Kody! Come sit." he patted the ground next to him.

"Okay? What's all this about?"

"Just wanted to talk to my son, is that a problem?"

"When Olympus is closed, sure. But I guess not." I sat down next to him.

"How's the quest going? I saw that you got the letter that the mailman lost."

"Yeah, haven't opened it yet, I'm gonna wait until I can talk to Will, I'm pretty sure it's just mom asking us if we're coming home for Christmas and New Years, and if we're bringing anyone with us." I fiddled with my hands.

"Probably." Dad strummed a few chords on the ukulele. "Are you gonna bring anyone?"

I shrugged. "Haven't thought that far yet. I would bring both Kayla and Austin, but then we'd leave just Chiron at the infirmary, and that's not fair to him."

"What about Leo?" Dad smirked and gave me a knowing nudge.

I blushed. "I might invite him, I honestly don't know."

"Okay, I think you should. And I'm no Aprodite, but I'm pretty sure he likes you back."

No one said anything for a while.

Does he like me back? I thought to myself. I wouldn't know. I'm not the flirtatious type, he is, and I don't know if he's being flirtatious with me just because we're friends and he does that with all his friends, or if he actually likes me.

My face must've been burning or something because Dad suddenly burst out laughing. "What?" I asked.

"Your face, you got red as a tomato."

I just shook my head.

"I think you should drop hints or something," Dad continued. "Leo's not that oblivious, I don't think at least. He'll catch on at some point."

"Drop hints? I'm not outgoing enough to do that."

"Will is."

"I'm like, the exact opposite of Will, dad. You know this. Will is the healer, I'm the musician. Will is tall, I'm not. Will's got short hair, I've got long. Will's outgoing, I'm not. And I wouldn't want to change any of that, I like our dynamic, it confuses the hell outta people."

"That's fair." Dad went back to the ukulele. "Well, hang on a second." he reached into his toga and pulled out a navy blue beaded bracelet. "Here, it turns into a throwing knife. Oh! These too." He also pulled out two rings, one that's black, and another one is silver. "These also turn into throwing knives, they'll return to your hand if you leave them off for too long, kinda like Percy's pen."

I take the jewelry gently.

"Well, don't just stare at them, put them on."

I did.

"If you take them off, they'll become throwing knives, the black ring is a celestial bronze knife that looks black, the silver one is a silver knife, great for fighting werewolves, if you ever run into them again. And the bracelet is a celestial bronze that looks like a metallic navy."

"Thanks dad," I said.

Dad shrugged. "Thank Hephaestus, he told me to give them to you."

"Okay, well then tell Hephaestus I say 'thank you.'"