I take the box and scrunch my eyebrows together as I look at it. Why would he pick out a dress for me?

" Put it on already, we still need to do hair and makeup." Frederick says, shooing me away while I hold the box tightly in my arms.

I look at myself in the mirror with the gorgeous black dress on. The satin material hugged my body tightly and there was a slit on the leg, going all the way to my upper thigh.

I let out a breath of nervousness, what if they all thought I looked like a slut? If Papa called me a slut just wearing jeans what would he say now?

Trying to ignore my thoughts I walk out of the closet and the room falls quiet. Did I look that bad?

" La vache! You look beautiful, ma dame!" Frederick exclaims, coming up to me with his hands clasped together. ( Oh my!)

I feel my cheeks go red at the compliment and sit down on the chair as a couple women start on my hair and make up.

" Thank you." I reply quietly, looking at myself through the mirror.

I had never worn a dress anything like this before. In fact, I don't think I've ever worn a dress until today.

" Give her loose curls and natural make-up, her face is already gorgeous enough." Frederick says, a proud look on his face.

I see Allison in the reflection of the mirror giving me a thumbs up with a big smile and I smile back, about to give her a thumbs up as well but my hand is pushed down when it gets in the way of the curling iron.

" Our work here is done miss, you look gorgeous!" Frederick says as I look into my reflection, my eyes wide.

Was that really me?

" Now, we should leave. Have fun with your fiancé!" Frederick winks, before leaving the room.

Fun? With Connor? That would never happen. His idea of fun was probably just killing people.

" Miss, Mr.Agosti will be here soon we need to get your shoes on before he arrives!" Allison says in a hurry, bringing my nude colored heels to me.

I nod my head and pull the shoes on, looking down at the gold jewelry on my arm that matched my engagement ring.

Frederick had given me a set of gold earrings, a necklace, and bracelet that he said came from Mr. Agosti with the dress.

Suddenly a loud knock comes from the door and I quickly get up, walking towards the door. Just as I'm about to reach the handle the door opens and Connor walks in as we almost crash into each other.

I let out a gasp in shock, my eyes trailing up to his own. He was wearing a black suit and had his hair slightly messy as he looked down at me from head to toe and back up to my eyes.

Our bodies were basically touching at our distance, and my eyes quickly avert from his dark gaze that was burning into me.

I quickly back up and push my hair behind my ear, trying to calm my nerves. I couldn't deny that Connor looked good, I couldn't deny that his closeness made me feel something I'd never felt with anyone else.

Something about the way he was looking at me was making me more nervous then I'd ever been, and it was setting a flame in me that I wanted to get rid of quickly before it engulfed me entirely.

" Lets go." Connor says in a deep voice, and I nod my head as I follow behind him, trying to keep up with his long legs.

Why was he walking so fast?

Suddenly Connor stops walking and I end up bumping my head onto his back.

" Ow." I mutter, rubbing my forehead but stopping when Connor turns around and grabs my hand with his own, pulling it down.

" Let's try to at least act like we like each other, fatto?" Connor says and I slowly nod my head, looking up at him. ( Got it?)

" What's with all the head nodding? Can't you fucking speak?" He grumbles, annoyance laced in his voice.

" Sorry." I mutter, not sounding very sorry at all, as we're about to open the doors to the garden where the party was.

I feel myself suddenly getting sick at the thought that soon I would be seeing my family again. What would they say when they see me?

I feel Connors gaze on me as the doors open and we walk out, all eyes on us. My hand unintentionally tightening in Connors when I make eye contact with my mama.