" I..I can't Miss Novikov, this table is only for the Agosti family and their guests." Allison shakes her head, a nervous look on her face.

" At least take some food, it's not like anyone else is here to eat all of this." I ask her, moving a croissant back and forth in her face with a smile.

" Fine, but only this once Miss." She gives in, taking the croissant from my hand.

" Why does it sound so quiet in the house today?" I question as I take a big bite of a blueberry muffin.

" Well, everyone's preparing for the engagement party outside tonight miss, there's lots that need to be done before all the guests arrive." Allison says.

" I just don't know why we need to celebrate our engagement, it's not like we wanted this." I mutter as I sit back in my seat.

" I believe it's just for both the Russian and Italian mafia to know the alliance is sealed, you must look and act your best Miss, they'll all be watching you tonight." Allison says as we get up to walk back to the room.

Great.

Sighing I open the door to the room and my eyes widen at the sight before me. There were at least 8 people in the room holding make up bags and hair styling tools looking back at me.

I stand in the doorway shocked, turning to Allison who looked just as confused as I was.

" W..who are you guys?" I ask, my eyes searching the room and landing on a tall man wearing a large, extremely bright purple feather hat.

" The name is Frederick De La Fontaine, Miss Novikov. I'll be here to...make you pretty before the party." The man says with a French accent while looking me up and down.

Before I can even have the chance to reply I'm pulled over to the bathroom by one of his workers, Frederick following closely behind us.

" Take a shower first, you don't want to stink up the place, no?" He says and walks out while the women hand me different types of shampoos and body washes.

After everyone leaves the bathroom I stand there frozen, my hands full with all the shower products. What was going on?

" Well hurry up will you? We don't have all day, mademoiselle!" Frederick yells, and I quickly jump in the shower, washing myself with the rose scented products.

As soon as the water turns off the door opens and I'm wrapped with a towel and put on a chair. Three women come up to me with waxing tools and I widen my eyes in fear. I try running away but quickly get pushed back down on the seat.

Who hired these people?

I shut my eyes closed to help the pain, feeling tears start to form as I'm waxed in too many places to count.

I feel a breath of relief when the waxing is finally over. After they put lotion all over my body I'm given lacy black undergarments which looked more like pieces of string then anything.

" I..I'm not wearing that." I say, pushing the undergarments away from me as Frederick rolls his eyes.

" Oh please, there's only one person who's going to see you in it anyways." He grumbles and shoves it into my hands, my cheeks instantly burning red.

What did he mean by that? I would never allow that to happen married or not!

" Put the dress on too, it was chosen by that good looking fiancé of yours." Frederick sighs, snapping his fingers at a woman who quickly pulls out a large, fancy box and hands it to me.