Chapter 2 The Waiting

Chase pov

Now I know who my mate is I mindlink my beta nick please have Alex meet me in the bathroom I found my mate. So now since he is her best friend I need him to watch her.

What's up, Alex? I said.

Nothing in class with Nina you know I don't like to leave her. He said.

Yea why don't you leave her? I said.

Cause she has been through a lot. He said.

Well, I have something I wanna tell you. I said.

What is it? He said.

Nina is my mate. I said.

What is true? He said.

Yea please keep her safe until I can tell her. I said.

Okay but she has a big secret I can't tell anyone. He said.

Just keep her protected until I can find out I swear she better not be getting hurt. I said.

Okay. He said.

Alex left but I didn't like the look when he left telling me something is going on that I won't like.

Nick find me everything you can on Nina Day. I said through the mind link.

Alex pov

I walked out of the bathroom after talking to Chase I am happy Nina is his mate. But worried when he finds out that Nina's mom abuses her he is gonna flip. I can protect her here but not at home what do I do moon goddess?

Nina pov

Waiting for Alex to come back and he does and gives me a smile I smile back. Chase walks in after him and he looks at me I put my head down blushing.

He is so cute but just like my mom says I am not pretty no guy will ever like me. She calls me slut, whore, bitch. She tells me I am worthless.

Alex sees my face and already knows what I am thinking he tells me that I am beautiful.

Time skip

It's lunchtime I walk in with Alex and automatically get my hair pulled and fall to the ground by no other than the slut of the school Emma. Everybody laughing except Chase, nick, Daniel, and all the others at the table. Chase looks mad but why I am a nobody?

Alex is screaming at Emma but she walks away and Alex chases her. I am still on the ground some girl comes and helps me up.

Hi, my name is Mia. She said.

My name is Nina. I said.

Are you okay? She asks.

I am fine thank you I have to find Alex. I said.

Okay bye. She said.

Bye. I said. I ran to find Alex in the hallway yelling at Emma. I went and grabbed Alex come on let's go outside.

Well, the rest of the classes went by pretty fast now I am on my way home. I feel like I am being watched. I get home and my mom is home and drunk and right away I get punched, kicked, and sliced on my upper arm. She is done. I make my way upstairs and to the bathroom and take out the first aid kit and clean and bandage my wounds. I get ready for bed and I fall asleep right away.