Chapter 1 The Meeting

Hi, my name is Nina Day. I am 18 years old. I have long, dirty blonde hair and Forrest green eyes. I am skinny. You can see my ribs. If you are wondering, I live with my abusive mother. I don't have a dad mom said he left before I was born. Well, let's get started. I start school today.

I get up and take a shower, and get dressed in leggings and a Hoodia. I need to hide my bruises, so nobody knows what happens to me. The only one who knows is Alex, my best friend. I grab my bag and make my way downstairs so I can leave before my mother wakes up. Well, luck was not on my side. She was up.

Hey mom. I said.

Could you not give me that? She said.
Make me breakfast. She said.

Okay. I said.

I made her eggs and bacon and gave them to her with a cup of coffee. As I was leaving, she got up to me not to be late and smacked me hard. Well, that will leave a mark.

Time for me to walk to school. I walk through the doors to my locker, and Alex is there waiting for me.

Hey babe. He said.

Hey. I said.

What happens? I saw your face. He said.

You know what happens. I said.

We need to get you away. He said.

I can't. She will find me and kill me. I said.

I was talking to Alex when everybody stopped to look at the front. In walks Chase, the gorgeous guy I have seen. He is the most popular guy here.

I am staring, and our eyes meet, and it feels like everything around me disappears, and it's only him and me. He has a refined jawline and blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, and a very muscular body. Alex gets me out of my thoughts, and I turn to look at him.

Sorry, Alex, what did you say? I said.

Are you okay, Nina? He said.

Yea, I am fine. I said.

Well, well, what do we have here? Emma said

Go away, Emma. Alex said.

Nina, why do you always look like a slut. She said.

And she pushed me into the locker and walked away laughing. I turn to Alex. Let's get to class

Chase pov

When I walked into school, all eyes were on us, maybe cause I am the soon-to-be Alpha, but I smelled a wonderful send of strawberries and cream, and when I looked up, she was there with Alex, my friend. She is beautiful, and I now know who she is, my mate.