Into Every Life A Little Rain Must Fall

Start from the beginning

“You were literally in there for over an—oww!” Yoongi snapped a glare at Jin who kicked him during a stretch.

The way Seokjin’s spotted tail flicked while he tuned his maple guitar had you suspecting the action was done on purpose, the muscles of his jaw clenched in a silent tension that made you wonder if you spaced out in the shower again and spent longer than you'd thought.

“Sure.. Twenty minutes or something.. Still wanted that bath though,” Yoongi added under his breath, wet towel discarded on the floor with a plop.

“What’s your deal with baths now?” Jimin teased, knowing full well the answer to his own question; the little demon enjoying making the wolf squirm with embarrassment.

“Shut up,” Yoongi barked, gums and teeth bared in a snarl that turned into a lazy growl.

“I think it’s cute our puppy likes to smell pretty,” Jimin giggled, using the ball of his foot to nudge on Yoongi's shoulder when the wolf threateningly moved towards him, Jimin keeping the other at a safe distance with his leg while Yoongi's growls grew louder.

"Leave Yoongi's bath bomb addiction alone, Jimin." Jin cleared his throat, suppressing the smile that tugged at the corner of his lips.

The bells of Jimin's giggle rang close against your ear as he squeezed you to him during his fit of laughter at the thought of when you first brought the scented balls home, his marmalade voice nearly crackling in pitch. "Do you remember when he licked one because he wanted to see if it tasted like a vitamin tablet?”

You suppressed a smile of your own as you remembered the day you brought home a new bag of bath bombs to help you relax. You had just pulled the package of multicolored soap balls from the grocery bag for a soak when Yoongi sauntered in, tail swinging. You had set the package on the kitchen table after plucking one out, turning your back for only a moment to place it in a hot bath when you heard a series of coughing and gagging. Running back, you'd found Yoongi rinsing his mouth in the sink, a single bomb sitting idly on the floor. When you explained to the poor wolf what they were, he berated you for hours over what a waste of money they were, though by the next day, he ended up using them more than you, nearly running you out in a couple of days.

"Or when he came yelling at Y/n covered in glitter because apparently that's a thing." Jin's windshield wiper laugh busted free as the memory recalled itself. Jimin totally lost it as he threw himself backwards on the bed, taking you with him. A snarl echoed through the room over the laughter seconds before you were pushed aside across the sofa bed and Yoongi was shoving a still giggling Jimin onto the floor with a heavy thud.

"S'not funny! It looked like I had a fairy orgy in the bathtub!" Yoongi barked, baring his teeth as he sat back, shooting deflated glares to Jin and Jimin.

You were about to offer words of encouragement when a clang from the kitchen startled you and your bantering group. Hoseok appeared in the archway with a guilty twist to his features, his soft brunette hair brushed away from his forehead, covering his flattened ears.

As you made eye contact with his molten irises, you thought for a moment he would finally say something to you, but after a few tense seconds, his feet were padding down the hall in quick thumps.

“He’ll come around eventually,” Jin promised for the millionth time while Jimin climbed back on the bed to wrap his arms around you once more, caging you from the feelings you were trying so hard to conceal from them.

Abruptly, Yoongi laid himself across the mattress, arms spread out to take up as much room as possible. “I want to sleep. Get lost.”

Tutting, Seokjin stood to look over the wolf, giving him a warning glare. “Who’s the oldest?”