The Sorting

It's been a week and Harry has recovered well. Under Madame Vanya's care it was no doubt he would. It seems Hogwarts healers are always working miracles.

He spent his time getting visits from Dumbledore and Dippet. Dumbledore had actually grown quite fond of the boy, constantly coming over for a game of chess. Dippet as well was quickly overjoyed at Harry who they considered a "strong boy" after learning Harry had fought off the imperio.

Everyone was shocked at that.

Madame Vanya cared for all who came into her infirmary, so it was no surprise when she was mothering Harry.

On the third day Harry managed to convince Madame Vanya to let him roam about the castle. Harry ended up visiting every Professor and funnily enough, they all fell under Harry's presence. It was like Harry was their weakness. After hearing the story of the little boy that survived torture from Grindewalds followers as well as fought off the imperio and lost his parents all in one day, everyone couldn't help but feel sorry for him. They were amazed at how smiley and loving he was despite his circumstances.

The Professors mood instantly brightened the moment they got Harry's daily visit.

___________________________

Finally a week passed and it was time.

"Alright Harry, ready?" Dippet asked as all the other Professors were huddled against Dippet's desk, eager to see what house Harry would be in.

You see there was a bet going around.

"He's going to be a Ravenclaw. That much is obvious," said Professor Bolt, the Head of House of Ravenclaw. Once Harry told her about the legends of Slytherin and about the origins of the unforgivables (which is unknown by most), she quickly deemed him a Ravenclaw. Saying that 'only a Ravenclaw would dig such knowledge.'

"No way he's a Slytherin all the way!" Shouted Professor Slughorn. He was amazed at how much Harry knew of potions (thanks to Snape's book as well as his mother's notes that he found). And the way Harry always said so surely that this goal in life is to live life to the fullest. Slughorn said that the determination Harry was showing in that goal was Slytherin worthy.

"I place my bet on Gryffindor," Dumbledore said with twinkling eyes. Dumbledore was amazed by the bravery and courage Harry showed when he faced a boggart that sprung at him. He could tell Harry was shaken up, but he did not let that hinder him in any way. He was scared, yet he still acted. To Dumbledore that's a Gryffindor, no matter what anyone says.

"Hufflepuff, easily," said Professor Finckle. She was sure Harry is a Hufflepuff. His innocence and kindness is unmatched. Not to mention his loyalty when he talks about how much his friends meant to him. It could bring tears to the eyes of the coldest merciless killer in the world. Such dedication to his loved ones warms her heart.

Dippet smiles, "We'll see,"

He places the Hat on Harry.

Why Mr. Potter we meet yet again.

"Sup," Harry says.

Eloquent as ever.

Harry smiles.

It seems last time I was stuck on Gryffindor and Slytherin for you... and while I still see those traits in you, it does not compare to the loyalty and hard-work you have planned to execute this notion. It seems the House for you this time around is quite simple.

Harry mused at that.

It's always a pleasure with you Mr. Potter, better be "HUFFLEPUFF!"

Professor Finckle runs to Harry giving him a big welcome hug while sporting the biggest grin Harry's ever seen.

All the other Head of Houses grumble at not having Harry in their house. Dippet chokes when they all dig out five galleons and give them to Professor Finckle.

"Well Professor Finckle will show you to the Hufflepuff dormitory. By now the students should be in bed, so you can make your acquaintances tomorrow morning. I have no doubt you'll be great in Hufflepuff, enjoy the rest of the year Harry!" Dippet says to Harry with a warm smile.

"C'mon Harry. I'll take you to your dorm," said Professor a Finckle. The rest of the Professors watched Harry leave like a sad mother waving goodbye at her 11 year old son who's boarding the Hogwarts Express.

As they reached the Hufflepuff dormitories Professor Finckle said the password, "fidus," the doors opened from the middle, one going down and the other up. Huh, that's cool.

Harry was quite amazed as the Hufflepuff common room. It was decorated in Yellow and bronze, with plants everywhere. It looked so cozy Harry smiled. He would enjoy his time here.

Professor Finckle led him to where he'd be rooming, "Right here Harry, let me know if you need anything," She gave him one last hug and left.

Harry put his trunk under his bed, some protective and silencing wards around his bed and a sticking charm on his curtains. With that done Harry slammed himself on the bed. He fell asleep with his thoughts on tomorrow.

(: