Chapter 13: The Swedish job

I pulled Five in for another kiss, which he passionately accepted. My fingers tugged at the ends of his hair as his hands roamed further and further down my waist. Five swiped his tongue across my bottom lip and I opened my mouth to allow him entry.

    We broke apart so that we could catch our breaths. I then realized the situation we were in. We were sitting on the floor of a weird testing room in his dad's old business and Five had a scratch on his neck that needed tending to.

    "Okay, let's get out of here and patch that up," I gently dragged my thumb underneath Five's cut, "Can you blink us to the place I've been staying at?"

    "Obviously," Five replied, "Where to?"

    "End of 42nd street," I answered. Five nodded and blinked us there. I let out a sigh of relief at the sight of a not-burned-down home. Five was taking in the neighborhood. It wasn't the wealthiest part of town, that was for sure.

    I waltzed up to the door and pulled out my keys. I opened the door and gestured for Five to come in. The living room was still trashed from my earlier fight with The Swedes.

    "Y/n?" King called from the other side of the house.

    "Hey, King!" I shouted. Five cautiously entered the house and examined the house's strange state. The mix of nice furniture with drug-dealer decor and bullet holes had to be confusing for anyone, even Five.

    "Who's King?" Five asked as I headed towards the bathroom.

    "The one helping me run my fake drug empire." I swung the bathroom door open, kneeled in front of the storage underneath the sink, and began to look for the proper supplies.

    "Elaborate on that."

    "Well," I pulled the supplies out of the cabinet and gestured towards the door across the hall, "We sell people iron supplements and tell them they're hallucinogenic drugs. I make them hallucinate during their first dose and then send them on their way with a bunch of supplements that do jack shit."

    I dumped the supplies on my bed and sat down. Five nodded before sitting down next to me.

    "Nice con," He approved.

    "Yep," I replied. I disinfected the cut on his neck with alcohol and cotton balls, before whipping out the gauze and tape.

    "Hey," My focus was broken by the voice of King, "Who's this?" King gestured to Five as he walked through my bedroom door.

    "King, meet Five," I ripped a piece of tape off the roll with my teeth, "Five, meet King." I finished patching up his cut and gave him a thumbs up. However, Five didn't see me, he was too busy giving King the death stare.

    "You gonna tell me why the living room is covered in bullet holes?" King questioned.

    "None of your business," I responded with a sweet smile.

    "None of my business? This is my house!"

    "I'll pay you for the damage. Go to bed," I checked the nearest clock, "It's 10:30 and you've been out all day." King let out an annoyed sigh, deciding he would ask again when there wasn't a teenager in a suit glaring at him. He exited the room, leaving Five and me alone.

    "I don't like him," Five stated, changing position so that he was facing me.

    "Why?" I questioned.

    "I don't know... I just... don't."

    "Fair enough," I shrugged, "So... What causes the apocalypse this time?"