Chapter 14 - Ground Zero

A new week, a new Wednesday. Another fair amount had time had passed, with no word of any sort of arrests being made. It worried Leon now, and made him second guess if Detective Hitoshi was really telling him the truth that night. Now he also had to worry about who he faced next in the ring as well.

But besides that, Leon had taken the time to head back up to Master Nakajima's dojo and meet up with Sensei Koda again. It had been quite a few weeks since he had seen her, and he needed to hear from another voice as well. Stopping by her room, he tapped his hand on the screen door.

"Good afternoon, Sensei. It's Leon Russell again."

Some movement could be heard inside the room before a response could be heard. "Hot damn! Now that's a name and voice I haven't heard in a while! Come inside." Said Koda on the other side.

Leon did enter inside, and was greeted by Koda wearing a very different, and quite... stunning outfit. She was donned in a dark purple crop top that was cut just enough to display her chiseled chest, and a black skirt that went a little past her knee. She was currently watering the poppy flowers she had in pots near the wall.

"Forgive the formality.. had to go to a little brunch event with my father and younger brother who doesn't know when to shut his damn trap.. but anyways I'm glad to see you again. So what's up?"

Leon smiled, taking his shoes off and sitting down on the training mat as she finished watering. "Just wanted to stop by and relax.. give you an update on what's going on."

Koda nodded, walking over to where Leon was and sat down next to him. Looking him over, she saw that he was pretty battered from the last fight. "Huh.. I see you really did need some relaxation. Lay down on your back for me."

Leon stared at her, starting to become very confused now. "What?"

"You heard me, Dumbo! Lay on your back! I'm gonna help adjust your joints a little so you won't lock up like an antique watch hand. You know why boxers and some martial artists get calcium deposits on their joints? They don't stretch."

Leon sighed and lay down on the mat, as Koda grabbed his ankles, and quickly pulled forward. A loud crack popped from his legs, making him both wince and grunt out. "Gah! What the hell was that?" He uttered out of annoyance.

"Don't be such a damn cry baby, Russell. I'm only adjusting your legs a little. Once I'm done down here I'll work on your arms and hands. Just be very thankful I'm not asking you to pay me."

Leon stopped talking and allowed her to massage, apply pressure, and stretch out his joints and muscles. By how she was doing it, Leon could tell she was trying her best to be gentle.

"You seem so rough on the edges.. why are you being so.. soft now?"

"Who said I was soft, or even rough on the edges? I'm just a Japanese born woman with an American stint who wants to live her own life.. as for the massaging.. I want to get a job in physical therapy. Help out others who are hurt."

"Oh... I never thought you'd be like that. In all honesty I thought you were just a spoiled brat who decided to turn her life around somehow."

Koda would give Leon a stare, before moving around and rubbing his shoulders. "So, I've heard some pretty badass stuff about you from Gima.. he says you've been winning all of your fights. And, you finally got in ties with your crush."

"Did he?" Leon replied, starting to feel relaxed as she moved farther down the back of his shoulders. "If you're being truthful, then he's definitely right."

"I'm proud you were able to score a girl, after all. Besides, you do have a pretty striking style. But let me give you a word of advice: be by her side every single moment you're together."