preview

She woke up in the morning feeling pain in her stomach. Grace went to the bathroom coughing, she was shocked seeing blood on her hand.

She tried to be strong infront of her daughter.

After Zara left to her college, her mother went to hospital. She had a few test before they tell her the big news...
She had cancer, and it spreaded around her body. She had a few months left.

Grace was sad, her daughter would be left alone in this world. She had to find a solution thus she went to meet her old friend.

Liam was happy to see his old friend being in touch with him. She was his first love before another man took her away from him. They had a separate ways. When she finally asked him to meet, he was happy. But the news she held didn't make him happy.

"Liam, I know no one in this city... and my daughter.. she is still young to stay alone in this life... I just want you to be her uncle... a person she can rely on when I am gone." She told him, he sighed.

"After all this years, I thought you were going to-"

"Liam that relationship ended twenty five years ago... please, I came here for my daughter not to destroy a family..." she pleaded him.

"Alright, since we can't be together ever... why don't we try and make my son marry your daughter... she'll be my daughter in law... and I will be her father." He suggested.

Grace was convinced, this is better than knowing Liam as a friend only... there will be a family relation between them.

"Talk to your daughter and I'll talk to my son..."

They ended their reunion with that decision, Grace must convince her daughter with this marriage...

When her daughter came back home, she got surprised by her mother. She thought she was at work. "I have an important news." Grace started.

"I hope it's good news.." Zara replied, she became anxious when she heard her mother asking her to marry a stranger. "No, I won't... I don't know him... why would I marry him! No-"

"Just listen to me! You have to, there is no other option!" Grace yelled. "What does that suppose to mean?"

"Zara, I want you to have a better future, so whether you like it or not... you will marry that man's son!" Grace never forced her daughter to do anything, Zara was surprised to see her mother determined, making decisions without asking her... she isn't like that, she knew their was something behind this order.

"Why?" Zara asked but Grace didn't reply. She went into her room.
Zara thought about a reason for that, why the heck would she ask her this?

The other day she met with Archer and they both asked why would you marry me... when they both agreed they were forced by their parent, they agreed to refuse their marriage.

Liam and Grace made them meet again, they were still on the same page. They both refused,

Liam tried to convince his son to think about it so did Grace. And they met for the third time... they both discussed their benefits of this marriage and there was none so they agreed on not getting married.

Grace was losing hope, she wanted to grantee her daughter life before she die but it wasn't going to happen.

Zara went to college that day, she was in class.

Archer made an appearance at her college and asked to talk to her. She went with him, as the students were so curious they followed them... Archer suddenly kneeled infront of Zara and asked her to marry him. Zara was confused, but he promised her a happy and peaceful life... she asked him why and he smiled, "I can't stop thinking about those eyes." He said, butterflies burst out of her stomach, she agreed and he took her with him.

She was surprised about his comeback and told her mother who was happy.

She didn't know his father threatened him, she didn't know his father was going to take the company from him if not marrying Zara.

Archer hated her, he knew her mother was threatening his father or else Liam would never threaten his son.

He was going to torture her daughter until she regrets messing with him. He had a plan already and wanted to do it.

He will make her and her mother regret knowing his family, he promised himself.

            ~~

~J 😊