28- Gunner - part 2 ( NEW )

My heart felt heavy watching the ambulances take away Walter and Nikki. But that wasn't the only reason my ticker felt like a ten thousand-pound boulder was hanging from it; it was also feeling heavy because my wife was stabbed near the heart, my son- and brother-in-law had been kidnapped, and I had no idea how any one of them were doing.

Not only am I standing here worrying about how my family is doing or where they were, but I'm also disturbed fools destroyed the place my wife and I call home. I know that's the least of my worries, but it's still troubling to see the beautiful home Walter designed for us burned to the ground for nothing.

The second the police and the fire chief finished asking me questions, Buck, Neron, and I immediately fled to my favorite remembrance spot, hoping to find my kid and Justin.

"How are you so sure they took your son- and brother-in-law to your special thinking place?" Neron asked.

"Obviously, I don't know they're there for sure, but it's the only other logical place I can think of where they'd be," I admitted rubbing my thighs, feeling anxious and on edge to get to my treasured spot up on the hill.

"And your reason for that?" Neron pressed, adding, "Because I didn't think anyone else knew about that place."

I patted my stomach. "It's my gut feeling. And you're right, nobody else should know about that place. But with everything that has gone on in my and Aria's lives these last few years, it wouldn't surprise me to see that they've been following me since my relationship with Shelby. And since it's where I'd go to think, relax, and find peace, with it also being where I proposed to Aria, I feel that's where they took them. So Felicia and her friends are most likely thinking that if they harmed Wyatt and Justin in my special spot, the police and investigators would believe I was the one who had done it. Not only that, but because they know what that particular spot means, they'll want to ruin it for me. To ruin me-making me want to hate it so much that I'd never go back."

"Makes sense... so what's the plan?"

I have no plan... yet.

My body tensed, and I shook my head, unsure of the plan. "I have no idea," I admitted, wondering how many people Felicia rounded up to go along with her scheme. "I have a strong feeling; we may be outnumbered."

Neron leaned back in his seat, an unworried look on his face. "I'm sure it's nothing we can't handle," he said, then told me his reasons for us not to worry and why he feels we'll be able to conquer Felicia and her cronies.

"Neron, stop," I interrupted, waving my hand from me to him and then to Buck, "it's just me, you, and him."

"Yes, I know. But that doesn't worry me. Not when they're amateur hoodlums trying to show they're better and smarter than us."

"They destroyed my house!" I yelled. "Whose to say what else they'll do!"

Neron removed his phone from his inside jacket pocket, scrolled through his contacts, then tapped his phone and lifted it to his ear.

My brows drew together. "Who are you calling?"

"Xavier."

Shit... I forgot about having them make sure Walter and Justin got to my place safely.

"He won't answer," I groaned.

"Sure, he will."

I shook my head. "I'll guarantee you he won't answer your call. I'm also willing to bet you anything that when they dropped off Justin and Walter, they were attacked and kidnapped as well," I suggested. Then, suddenly, my eyes sprung open wide after remembering something Stella had mentioned. "They have him too..."