[Chapter Three]

________________________________________________

Athena waits until she's in bed to write Nathan. She sits in her bed with a small pillow behind her head and the blanket over her feet. "Here we go.", she said as she opens the still empty chat with Nathan. She types for like ten minutes. She corrects, deletes and rewrites the text. When she's finally satisfied with the outcome, athena reads the text again, checking for any mistakes. After that, she hits the 'send' button.

📤
Hello, Mister Collins.

Firstly, I wanted to thank you for sending me my clothes back, which I forgot in the restaurant.

I have to say I don't know what happened that night, but whatever happened, I'm sorry for leaving in such a hurry. I woke up late and nearly missed my flight.

I sent you a copy of the contract which must have arrived at your office today.

I wanted to thank you again in the name of the company for trusting us. We're looking forward to work together with you.

Athena Burnell,

COO of Smith&Burnell

Email: burnell.athena@business-mail.com

Tel.: +197566457568

"Why did that took so long? It's just a message.", Athena talks to herself. She locks her phone, puts it on the night table and switches off the lights.

●●●

While Jaden visits the bathroom with some stranger, Nathan sits alone at the bar. Since he got the notification that Athena got the package, he checks his phone any free moment he has. But every time he checks, he hasn't received a message from her.

"How long?", a woman's voice sounds next to Nathan.

Nathan turns his head to look next to him. The woman next to him wears a green dress with thin straps. The dress allows a good view on the two packages of their owner and ends just right so the packages won't unpack themselves. Her brown hair is put into a tide bun and her eyes are green, just like her dress. In her one hand she has a drink, in the other a cigarette.

"What?", Nathan asks confused.

"How long has it been since you're waiting here for your date?", the woman asks pointing on his phone with the cigarette between her index and mittle finger.

Nathan looks at his phone then back to the brunette. "Oh! No. I'm here with a friend and I'm just waiting for a message from a business partner."