Chapter 17: The match with Gary Oak !

Start from the beginning

Izuku came back and the group went to the stands to get some snacks as dinner and went towards the stadium afterwards. Izuku met up with Ash as he greeted " Yo lil bro , how was your second match?", Ash smiled excitedly as he said " definitely easier than my first one but Big bro , your match was the highlights , you easily won against someone from the royal family with only 1 pokemon.".

Izuku just waved it off as they both started chatting until they heard the speakers turn on. The announcer said "  THANKS FOR GATHERING AT THE STADIUM LATE AT NIGHT , WE DECIDED TO SHOW THE 3RD MATCHUPS EARLY SO WE CAN COMPLETE THE 3RD AND 4TH ROUNDS FASTER AND THE TOP 16 WILL HAVE MORE TIME TO RELAX. NOW PLEASE LOOK AT THE MAIN SCREEN FOR THE MATCH-UPS.!".

64 names appeared on the screen as they danced and jumbled around and stopped after a few seconds as Izuku saw that his match was first and he was against someone named Gary Oak ( Huh? must be someone in prof. Oak's family.). Ash turned to Izuku and said " looks like your match is with Gary brother , good luck , he might be arrogant but he is a good trainer too.".

Izuku raised a eyebrow and asked " Someone you know Ash?". Ash nodded as he said " yea , we both are rivals since a long time , we used to compete in almost everything but Gary started becoming more and more arrogant.", Izuku nodded and said " I see , well then. Good night Ash."." Good night brother!.", Izuku returned to his group as he told them about his match . All of a sudden Sabrina sighed as she said " I remember that kid , he was soo arrogant , he stated that if he wins during our gym match , I will have to go on a date with him. After he lost , he just stated it was luck and left with a cheerleading squad behind him.". 

Izuku sighed as he said " I wonder how someone as humble as prof. Oak has a grandson like this.". The girls also agreed and they all went back to their rooms to sleep.

TIME SKIP TO NEXT DAY MORNING.

Izuku woke up to his alarm set at 5 am , got out of the bed , went to the bathroom and changed into his gym wear and went to a nearby field and called out his pokemon . Izuku looked at his pokemon and said " I will use Eevee and Servine for my 3rd match and if it comes to it then I will use Blastoise." . The pokemon nodded as they starting jogging behind Izuku for their usual stamina training.

Back in the room , It was 6 AM , and Izuku finished showering and changing to his normal clothes for battle , Izuku only made them run for about 20 minutes to freshen up his pokemon , Izuku then nudged the 4 girls who woke up and went to get ready while Izuku went to the ground field for his match.

Izuku arrived at the stadium 40 minutes before his match and can see a few people in the seats who gave him a cheer and wave as Izuku also waved back and decided to talk to some people to spend time . Izuku went towards the stands and a few teens and kids surrounded him as they asked for autographs , pics and question about training , Izuku answered their questions  and spent some time with the kids which made the parents smile as they thought Izuku could be quite a good father.

A few minutes later , 10 minutes before the match , people started filling up the seats as Izuku went down to the field so as to not get too crowded and waited for the referee and his opponent to come. In 4 minutes , the referee arrived and gave a nod to Izuku who nodded back and they started hearing cheerleader cheering and saw coming out of his end with a arrogant smirk on his face while his cheer group went to the stands and started cheering loudly , scaring off some of the crowd near them. 

The referee then explained the rules and said " Both trainers let out your first pokemon , the red trainer gets the first attack.". Gary took out a pokeball as he said " Nidoking , lets crush this guy , come on out.". a tall purple pokemon with a horn on it's head came out excited for a battle as Izuku thought a bit and took out a pokeball and said " Servine , come on out.", Servine came out with a look of concentration on her face .