9

- 3 weeks later-

Promise

I never believed in promises because the last guy that made me a promise, he broke my heart, but this is Malachai Parker we're talking about, he makes me happy, and I want to be able to trust him. He's taking me somewhere today and he says it's a Suprise. I get ready and he texts me that he's here. I walk out the door and into his car.

"Hey" I sigh happily.

"Hey, let's go" He drives off.

-

we drive up to the beach and there's people dancing, we're at a bonfire.

"Wow, who's all here"

"everyone" he laughs.

I did wish it could just be the two of us, my smile fades a bit.

"Is, everything okay?" Kai's smile fades

"No, everything is fine I just- forget it lets go have fun" I quickly step out of the car, He knew something was wrong, but we just had fun.

"Y/n, I just want to apologize for everything" Caroline says walking up to me, kai could tell I was getting nervous, he holds my hand, I look at him and he nods his head, I look back at Caroline.

"It's fine Caroline" I look at her with a fake smile.

"No, it's not, what I said was wrong" she touches my shoulder.

"Caroline, it's fine" I say clearly annoyed.

"But it wasn-" 

"CAROLINE! I said it's fine, really! okay just- just leave me alone" I look at her and I walk off, I wasn't in the mood for drama, tonight was supposed to be fun, so I need to keep it that way, me and kai sit on the branch in front of the fire.

"Sis, I didn't think you would make it, I didn't even know you were coming here." Stefan says sitting next to me. 

"Yeah, Kai bought me here" I point to kai next to me, he waves, Stefan waves back.

"I'm sorry about Damon, I heard what happened."

"it's fine" he says looking around.

"Who are you looking for" I say drinking fruit punch.

"Just a friend that's all"

I could tell he was lying, but I didn't want to seem like that girlfriend that wants to know where he's at all the time.

"Well, if you need anything I'll be with Elena, Tyler, and bonnie" he pats my shoulder and walks away. Kai has barely talked to me, if he did it's just stuff like "are you having fun" or "hi" just the basic stuff, I scoff and I walk away. He chases after me to stop me from walking, he stands in front of me.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"you're what's wrong kai!" I say crossing my arms.

"How?"

"I thought you wanted it to just be the two of us, then you look around for someone and we barely talked" 

Kai sighs

"I'm sorry y/n" He hugs me, I wanted to hug him back, I did, but I was just so angry in that moment.

"Just stop!" I push him off me.

"Y/n, I said I'm sorry!" he tries to hug me again, but I push him.

"STOP!" 

Kol runs over to me

"Y/n, is everything okay?" Kol grabs my arm to face me towards him, I look at kai on the ground standing back up.

"Yeah, I'm fine!"

"Dude what the hell is your problem" Kol says stepping closer to him

"I was just trying to give MY girlfriend a hug so why don't you mind your own business" Kai says stepping closer to Kol.

"Leave her alone, she clearly doesn't want to hug you!" 

"Guys, stop!" 

"Listen to you girlfriend if you know what's best for you" Kol says, Kai punches him in the face

"KAI!" I yell, Kol gets back up and pushes him.

"Guys! stop!" I start to tear up, they didn't stop, Kol knocks out kai.

"Kai!" I run to him, Kol backs up.

"y/n!" Stefan runs to me.

I look up at Kol "what did you do" I say angrily. "y/n" Stefan says worried. "What. did. you do" I stand up facing Kol.

"y/n, calm down" Stefan gets up

"Answer me, Kol!" I say angrily. I grab a piece of tree branch and I speed to him, and I stake him in the heart.

"Y/N!" Stefan grabs the branch out of my hand, I stand there in shock, it was like something was taking over my body. I look around as everyone was staring at me, I grab Kai and I vamp speed home.