9.

Somehow school flew by quickly, mostly from Steve either caught up with the Eddie theory or being tired as hell, or just about both. later that night they would have to risk their lives once more to see a dead body, a body he wish wasn't deceased.

"you alright?" Robin tapped Steves shoulder, he was so lost in thought he had forgot where he was. they had pulled in Robins driveway, still sitting in the car with his head and hands on the wheel. he looked next to him to robin leaned across the seat from outside the door, "yeah. just worried is all" he answered, stepping out and locking the car. "Steve you're gonna be fine, i promise" Robin reassured, he simply smiled but something in his gut told him this wasn't going to go well.

they both walked in the house, Robins parents both sitting on the couch. "we're heading out! seeing a friend" she called as she sped up the stairs, grabbing anything important, not entirely lying to them. Steve grabbed the necklace, the jacket, anything that belonged to him. he was moments from leaving the room when his eye caught on the bat. wondering if he should bring it. the thought closed to him not bringing it, walking out the house with robin trailing behind.

a group of lunatics then drove to Hawkins, all wondering on how they were going to get to Eddie. they all parked in the road, looking out to the clouded sky of a once peaceful town. seeing the vines decorating the road, and an orange glow radiating in the town. everyone was so caught up on the town they once lived in.

"so.. how are we gonna get to him?" Mike asked, looking at the group who were peering at the place. Steve turned looking to him, "not sure, those cracks are huge" he looked back, searching for an idea in his mind. everyone was silent, no ideas thought of. Steves hope was spilling way to soon.

"i'm just going in." Nancy grumped, grabbing her weapon and walking into the town. They all looked to one another then followed Nancy in. it was far worse now, vines everywhere, ash like flakes flouting in the sky more then before. they wondered around, looking for a way to reach the gate in Eddie's trailer.

"i'm not seeing a way to the trailer.." Robin mumbled in worry. maybe finding Eddie was a lost cause. "we'll find a way, there's always a way." Dustin retorted, not giving up just yet.

"how about we split up" Nancy turned, facing the group as they quickly looked to her, "me, Jonathan, Mike, and Lucas together. and Steve, Robin, Dustin, Will, and El" She pointed, holding her gun to her chest. they all nodded then separated ways with each group. Steve rubbed his face in stress walking next to Robin. "hey it's alright" Robin supplied to him, but it hardly worked for his scrambled mind, to many thoughts all at once.

"Pick it up back there!" Dustin yelled to the two adults, picking up his own pace. Steve and Robin rolled their eyes and walked quicker.

"what exactly are you looking for Henderson?" Steve crossed his arms walking behind him. "a way in the upside down?" he spun around, looking to Steve with a pissed face, "what, do you have an idea?" he sneered, leaning his torso forward to the taller guy. "nope. now go" he turned Dustin around to stop his blabbering, continuing their search.

Steve was listening to Robins words when something hooked his eyes, a large open hole in one of the cracks. he walked towards it without a say, kneeling down looking into it. "Steve? what is it?" Robin questioned, standing next to him. the kids soon ran over, sensing that he had found something. "what is it?!" Dustin asked to him, looking to the hole.

"the vines are stretched, as if something came out.." Steve broke his gaze from the hole, looking from Robin to the kids. you could just see the shine in Dustin's eyes, feeling more hope. "let's look around, he's gotta be around here" Dustin jumped, inpatient to find him. Steve got up, a small smile on his face. maybe there was hope.

they walked around, no sign of Eddie, but Steve had an eerie feeling inside him, as if something was watching him. he gave instinctive glances behind and around him, not seeing anything unusual. he started to fall back on the group, the eerie tension made his body stiffen slowly. he looked around again, the feeling growing in him, he looked to his side, seeing a figure gunning towards him in the sky. his eyes widened, stepping back a few steps. the figure slammed into him, pushing Steve on the concrete of the road, hissing. Steve shouted looking away, attempting to pushing the monster off of him and squirming his legs underneath it.

"Steve!!" Robin yelled, running to him. pausing at the sight of the monster laying on top of him. a familiar figure hissing and baring it teeth to him. the kids ran over, Dustin screaming at the monster, "Stay back!" Robin stopped them, fear growing within her. "it's gonna kill Steve!!" Will shouted, pushing against Robins arms. "El do something!!" Dustin panicked, looking to the girl who was panicked aswell. she nodded and quickly threw the monster off of Steve. hitting a building near them and collapsing on the floor, whimpering as it passed out.

Steve held himself up by his elbows, whipping the drool off his face. they all ran to him, shouting things that he could hear, couldn't pay attention to. hyperventilating as he sat up, holding his aching chest. limping his way to the monster. "Steve what are you doing?!" Robin called, running behind him. he continued walking, kneeling in front of the being, heavy breathing as he knew who it was. "it's.. it's Eddie.." he breathed out, looking to the unconscious monster he has become. body painted in blood, torn shirt, sharp teeth, long claws, black veins under his eyes. it was so hard to look at him like this, he's alive but not the way he thought he would be, the way he wished he wouldn't be.