3.

April 2, 7:13
~
The lesson started, Talking about how to year would be like and 'introductions'. "Steve how about you start?" The teachers gaze fell on the teens who's head was inside his arms on the table. he sat up in his chair, looking at all the heavy stares. he cleared his throat and spoke, "uh i'm Steve Harrington and i came for Hawkins" he announced in a somewhat confident voice. it sure didn't help when all the people were fixated on his every move. "alright that's good Jesse you next" the teacher nodding with a slight smile, knowing that wasn't what she asked. Steve finally looked around the classroom, feeling ease with no one staring at him. maybe some staring from them catching the scar along his neck. he looked next to him to Andy's head resting on the table, most likely sleeping. he broke from his thought and rested his head as well, knowing theyre wouldn't be a lecture on history today.

The class eventually ended, feeling like it was 2 class periods. he grabbed his bag and walked out the class, rubbing his heavy eyes with a whine. him sleeping in class made him feel even more exhausted. he flipped his bag around to his chest, unzipping it and fishing to find his schedule. he pulled a crinkled paper and checked. it was down the hall. he thought he should just fold it and shove it in his pocket. he did so as he walked to that direction, swerving and slithering pass people. this school was twice as large for all the Hawkins kids leaving. this town isn't that far from Hawkins, so it's expected to get a handful.

"Steve!" A guy called out behind him, or in front?. there were plenty of guys named Steve, so he kept his pace. then stopped in his tracks seeing a geeky freshmen standing in front of him. "Mike!" Steve exclaimed with a smile on his face. "did the rest of the kids come here?" Steve asked, moving to the wall so they wouldn't cause traffic, but that was already a problem. "yeah, but Dustin hasn't been so good.. he's not wanting to hang out with me and Lucas anymore" a frown presented on his face while his hands were jammed in his pockets. Steve eyebrows frowned, "is he alright? did something happen to him?" leaning against the wall, he looked down to Mike, seeing the sadness glowing on him. it makes sense, his group is slowly falling apart. Max is at the hospital in a coma, El and Will are in Illinois, and Dustin isn't acting his usual self.

"ever since Eddie's death he's been really upset. like- really upset" his head was kept down, looking at his feet. Steve felt as if someone had stabbed his heart. Though Steve wasn't handling it well Dustin was far worse then him. He put a hand on Mikes shoulder, causing him to look up at Steve's sorrow filled eyes, "it's alright, i'll get him to hang out with you guys" he smiled, winking at Mike. He smiled back before Steve took him by the shoulders and turned him, "now go to class!" he shooed like a parent, then walked to his own class that he was late to.

while he walked in, the board already beat what he was gonna do, it presented assigned seats. he was next to no one at the moment. he walked his way to his seat, placing his bag in the extra chair. resting his head on the table, trying to not fall asleep again. he heard someone come in, not thinking of it. then someone nudged his shoulder and dropped his bag off the seat, "dude." Steve grumbled, swiveling his head to his left to see who touched him. "hey Steve" Robin wiggles her fingers at him. he lifted his head, but his head sitting in his hand, "you didn't have to do that"

"oh i really did" she laughed quietly as she looking in her bag, Steve rolled his eyes and his head fell back in his crossing arms. his legs hooked on the chairs legs. "Harrington!" The teacher shouted, Steves head darted up, looking to the teacher then to Robin who was snorting. "no sleeping in my class" he hissed, turning back to the board with a shake of his head. Steve listened as everyone snickered at him, resting his head on his arms. "no sleeping Steve" Robin snorted again, covering her mouth with her hand. "it's not that funny Rob" Steve muttered to her, rubbing his eyes. "it kinda is" she whispered, finally pulling herself together and looking up at the board. Steve did the same, but the teacher was blocking what's he was writing. Steve maneuvered his head around, trying to fix a view of the board. he finally moved his head to show a chemical formula. blabbering about something, something Steve didn't feel like listening to.

~

Class ended to Steve's thanks, he walked himself to the cafeteria, "hey wait up!" Robin called behind him. speed walking up to him. "act like you haven't eaten in ages" Robin sassed, crossings her arms. he didn't eat dinner yesterday and didn't eat breakfast, so he did feel like he hadn't eaten in ages. they both walked to the cafeteria, looking around to who was eating at this time. "oh look! it's the kids" Robin pointed out, Mike and Lucas both sitting at an empty table, talking about something. "where's Dustin?" Robin questioned, Dustin was always with them, why not now? "Dustin hasn't been feeling great after.. uh- you know" Steve circled his hand to Robin, he didn't like saying it. "ohhh" she nodded slowly, getting what he was saying. "come on, let's go eat something" she headed to the line, Steve slowly walking behind her, his eyes kept on the two boys eating and talking. wondering on how they're keeping up with the 'accident'. Robin and Steve sat with the freshman's, not wanting to sit with any other seniors. "ugh this food is worst then Hawkins" Robin said in disgust, pushing the tray away from her. it was a chicken patty placed in a bun, nothing special. and with a fruit cup, some mushy fries and a water or milk. looking as if it's middle school food. she wasn't wrong, it tasted bland and dry, but it's better to eat something then nothing. "how have you two been?" Robin asked the two, now looking at Robin. She never talked to them unless she had to with the upside down stuff. "we're alright" Lucas said for him and Mike, Mike nodded looking at her. Steve eventually got tired of the food and pushed it aside. looking at the three.

"hey Steve, you still have the necklace?" Mike asked, "Dustin wanted to know" he added quickly, his arms laid on the table waiting for Steve's reply. "yeah" he answered, pulling the necklace out from under his shirt, showing the pick laid just below his collar. Mike nodded, showed that it wasn't actually him that asked the question. His thumb and pointer finger rubbed on the pick, looking down at his legs as his eyes squinted. wishing Eddie was here. sitting next to him, blabbering D&D or some metal band he found about. he smiled as his body was filled with guilt to the brim. if only he was there to help him. to save him.