1.

April 1, 1986
~
Steve sat on his bed, staring at Eddies necklace. his guitar pick hanging on a ball chain necklace.

today is when they were moving to get away from this hell of a town. Steve was packing when he came across the necklace stuffed in his jacket. he clenched the pick in his hand, blinking tears out of his eyes.

everything has gotten worse for Steve ever since Eddie's death, he was feeling even more shitty. he started writing in a journal to let all the pain on his chest sit in a book. it helped a bit letting it all out, but it hardly fixed the dent in his heart.

he stuffed the necklace in his pocket before rubbed his watery eyes, swinging his backpack on his back and picking up boxes to put in the car. he would meet his family at his new 'home' which he would not be staying. he wasn't going to stay in that house with his douche parents. so instead he'd stay with Robin. he finally stuffed all the boxes in his car and headed to Robins, ignoring the plans he had with his family. they didn't care for him so he wouldn't care for them.

he walked up to her door and gave it a knock, his hands in his pockets. his anxiety kicked in, nervous on how her parents would feel him living there until his parents eventually left like they normally do.

Robins mom opened the door, "oh hello!" she greeted, welcoming Steve in. Steve nodded with a smile, his legs feeling like jello. "come in come in!" Robins mom stepped aside next to the door, "Robin your friend is here!" she yelled as Steve walked in. he awkwardly stood next to her mom, his hands sweating in his pockets. Robin jumped down stairs, "Steve!" she exclaimed as she gave him a bear hug. he hugged back, a laugh squeezed out of him. "come on i'll show you your room for the time being" she pulled steve upstairs, showing him a small room with a decent size bed, a dresser, and a tv. it was a well sized room but from Steve's perspective, it was very small, but it was better then living with his parents, that's for sure.

"this will be your room until your parents leave, you like it?" her hands on her hips as Steve walked in the room to get a more depth look of the room. "yeah, it's nice" he turned to Robin, his hand running through his hair. "Great! i'll help you get your belongings" she stood up from leaning on the doorway, heading downstairs to Steve's car, Steve following behind.

"this it?" She asked opening Steve's trunk. it was 4 boxes and some bags. "yeah, i'm gonna leave some stuff in here though"

"alright, what stuff do you want to bring in"

"the boxes" he said, picking up one box and stacked another on top, his back leaning back as he walked in her house.

"whoa son let me help you" Robins dad said, lunging from the couch and picked the box from Steve. "thank you" he smiled and walked up the stairs. he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when he set the box down, running back down stairs to help Robin get the rest.

They eventually got all the boxes, Steve's hands stinging from caring the boxes. "thanks for the help" he said as he sat down on the bed, looking down at the boxes. "no problem! i'm in the room next to you if you need anything" she lastly said before heading to her room.

Steve sat in silence, rummaging through the boxes finding his journal. taking out Eddie's Walkman and jacket. he looked at the stuff he had from Eddie, feeling embarrassed on how much stuff he had from him. he sat on the bed, playing Eddie's walkman as he wrote in his journal. Sure he looked like he was obsessed with Eddie, but it helped him from feeling miserable without him. he hated on how low he got when Eddie passed. so he tried having things to help him cope and distract him.

after he wrote in his journal he sorted all the boxes throughout the room, he was gonna be there from at least 2 or 3 months, so he should try and make it feel like home.

Robin then knocked on the door, coming in seeing Steve was sitting on the bed, holding the necklace. "what's that?" she slowly walked to the bed, sitting next him looking at his hand clenching on the necklace.

"it's uh, it's nothing" he quickly replied, putting the necklace in his pocket. "Steve, is that Eddie necklace?" she had a pain of concern in her eyes, her hands holding as they laid in her lap. he let out a hard sigh, slapping his hands to his face. "yeah.." he mumbled in his hands. "Steve you have to move on, i know it hard but you can't live feeling horrible everyday.." she said straight forward, he's been acting like this ever since he passed.

"i know! it just- it doesn't happen so easily.." his hands fell from his face, rubbing his pants.

"i get it, you can come to me if you need to talk" She smiled looking at Steve, he was holding back his tears, his leg bouncing.

"well dinners down stairs you want some" Robin said before standing up and walking downstairs. 

"alright" he wasn't in the mood to eat, talking about Eddie made his stomach turn and lose his appetite completely. he turned on the Tv and watched a random station, dozing off to sleep.

____________________________

An: i finally started it! hope you guys like this one as much you liked the other:) and sorry i didn't post a chapter today😭 i was busy trying to think of things for this fic and writing!