8.

April 5th, 2:25 pm
~
Steve swerved in Robins driveway, the motor spluttering as it turned off and sprinted inside, his cheeks and eyes red and glistened from his tears. luckily her parents weren't there to ramble to him about what's wrong and making him even more pissed off. with a slammed door Steve fell into his bed, the more tears falling made him feel even more worthless and weak then before. how can a man be so brittle to a death that he shouldn't care for, a death that wasn't close to him.

his hand hammered his bed in anger then sat up. shaking his head in his hands.

"you're an idiot Steve, pull it together!" he shouted to himself while more tears fell, hitting his carpet. his dad would slap him and tell him to act like a man, it would never work for him. it just made it harder and worse to get over with.

the front door opened and slammed, feet stomping up the steps. "Steve!" Robin called, looking to Steve who was out of it entirely. his head was still down, holding his hiccups and cries while she sat next to him on the bed, rubbing his back.

"Maybe you should try and believe Will, take it into consideration.." she said in a gentle voice. sniffles escaped his hold, grumbles leaving his mouth in response. he didn't want to lift his head for a second. showing how much of a 'man' he really is.

"i mean.. Will was right last time he had said something, maybe he could be again" She suggested. she didn't want to see him break out on her, or Will again. his feet shuffled in his carpet, wanting to speak but he didn't want to hear his broken voice.

"i-" Steve spoke, but stopped to hearing it crack.

"It's alright. you can tell me later" Robin rubbed his back again. standing up and gently closing his door. he looked up to his closed door, his eyes squinted and clouded. his crying had stopped finally, he turned and laid in his bed. pulling the covers over him and falling asleep.

~

April 6th, 7:00 am
~
Steve was awoken by the cold breeze of his room rather then his alarm. he slouched up to close his window, moving to his dresser to pick out pants to wear to school.

"Steve you up?" Robin knocked on his door. "yeah" he replied with an extend while moving to the closet. he picked off a shirt from his closet. as he pulled the shirt out, Robin opened the door. "hey. you don't have to go to school if you're not in the mood"

Steve looked over his shoulder to her, "no it's.. alright" he mumbled. he didn't want to go to school at all, after yesterday and with Jason's friends he couldn't bare it anymore. but he decided to suck it up and just go.

"alright if you say so" Robin hummed, turning and closing his door. he let out a sigh, taking his shirt off and putting on the clean one. walking to the bathroom to do his hair. to his surprise his neck scar was slowly but surely fading from red to a lighter tone of his skin, it wasn't as noticeable now but was still visible if you looked long enough. he did his hair and drove to school.

once they arrived Steves eye instantly caught on the jocks murmuring. his arm leaned on his car as Robin slammed her door closed.

"are you just gonna sit there and gape holes in those guys heads or are you gonna come in the school?" Robin asserted. his stare left the group and started walking towards the school, a huff pushing out his nose as he tossed his backpack on his shoulder. they both said goodbye before separating ways to their classes.

all throughout class Steves head was filled with what Will had said, and what Robin had said. He started to feel that Will was right, what if Eddie wasn't dead? the Upside Down is full of bizarre shit. but if he isn't dead, how would he be living in such a suicidal place? surely no one could last a day in his state.