Wishful Mine of Sleepless Nights

The silence creeps in, the cold fleeting touch of the wraith wraps all over. The empty flares of the forgotten time stills the night and the darkness conjures through, piercing the pain deep within, sinking the blades of the countless scars to fleet wide open.

Every wound a reminder of another.

The pain of nothing, no one, plunges through, the screams throttle away in the midst of silence. The words, the plays, the actions, the faces run over and over... but the solace reasons of 'why' barrels away.

The crushing pain numbs every part, the sound of wreckage caves in the dead of the night. The par to move, to stop, to undo, ceases control. The tears roll away but the fleeting-pain of staying still, immobilises and stays the same.

The touch of the fingertips against the shed of countless memories, smiles through the cracked lips that once conjured love, hope and peace.

The wreckage pulls in, the darkness ties away the sullen dreams and promises. The body breaks free of the memories once forged deep within, memories that stood to be forgotten, memories that evoked every sense of being alive.

The fallen night tames away, the feigned heart no longer scares awake. The realm of sleepless nights take over one last time. The hopeless mime of everything will be alright sweeps in and caresses the broken heart while the sunken mind manipulates every projection like a pit of wishful mine.

The sleep takes over and the magnitude of what might happen next slips away in the forgotten pile of make belief but the pain stays the same.