vii. ms. boogeyman, part i.

vi.
CHAPTER SEVEN
Ms. Boogeyman, part i.
≿————- ❈ ————-≾

        THAT NIGHT AFTER DINNER, Aella was sat (with somehow perfect posture) on the side of Zues' Fist, picking her nails absentmindedly in an attempt to run away from her anger filled thoughts and the terrible memories crawling their way to the ...

        THAT NIGHT AFTER DINNER, Aella was sat (with somehow perfect posture) on the side of Zues' Fist, picking her nails absentmindedly in an attempt to run away from her anger filled thoughts and the terrible memories crawling their way to the forefront of her mind. The glowing green eyes of the poisonous creature shone in her head, and as distracted as she attempted to become, the torturous green persisted.

After her conversation with Percy, if you could even call it that, she practically let the entire camp know she was in a bad mood when she stomped through the grass towards the giant rock. He'd brought up memories that she worked hard to shove down.

        Aella knew she was wrong to get angry with Percy. She knew it even while she reacted. He just asked a simple question. He was only worried about Annabeth. Hell—she was too. Her heart tightened merely thinking of her friend. So why did she react that way? She needed to get over it, the stupid quest. The scars on her skin. Everything.

        Aella also needed to apologize to him.

        Eventually.

Usually, Zues' Fist was where campers went to meet up or make out, but not when Aella was around. They knew to avoid the place at all costs, along with the docks. It's where she goes when she needs to cool down, or just get away from everyone without up and leaving. And she was itching to leave, to escape it all. Run away.

        One time, a few Demeter campers were trying to grow some flowers and landscaping to make the rock look more magical (on request of Zeus, because his ego wasn't big enough already). Unfortunately for them, Aella was already there, and when they failed to leave, she may or may not have started a terrible rumor about them all individually. Aella felt awful, but things like that happen when someone aggravates her; She says something as simple as a word and before you know it another World War is happening or the entire Aphrodite Cabin is arguing.

        It's like her own demigod-superpower that she can't control: always knowing how to create chaos.

Other than them, only a few people follow her down there. Or—followed. Silena, Annabeth, Ethan, Grover, maybe Clarisse... and Luke. Thats why when she heard the crunching of footprints getting closer and closer, she called out to Silena.

"I know you're there, Silena," she said while picking her thumb nail.

The footsteps stopped. "Oh...I'm—uh— not Silena."

Aella frowned and turned to the much-younger-than-Silena voice. Instead of the Daughter of Aphrodite, she was met with a young camper that looked oddly familiar. And she could very well be a daughter of Aphrodite.