iii. blue is the bullseye

iii.
CHAPTER THREE:
Blue is the Bullseye
≿————- ❈ ————-≾

        AELLA DIDN'T KNOW MUCH about Percy Jackson

AELLA DIDN'T KNOW MUCH about Percy Jackson. Of course, she had heard stories about the powerful son of Poseidon who defeated the Minotaur on his first day, about how he went on the war-preventing quest to return Zeus' lightning bolt, about how he saved Thalia's tree on his own accord. And of course she was impressed, to say what he had done was easy would be a blatant lie. She knew he was talented. Especially with the way Chiron had talked about him like he was the savior of the world.

        But as she marched through the hallways under the watch of Dr. Thorn, she was beginning to wonder exactly how Percy had accomplished so much.

       She watched as he opened and closed his eyes many times, looking a bit ridiculous until he eventually shut them completely. He continued to walk, though it was more in a zig zag pattern than a straight line. She thought his movements were because he was going to pass out from his wound, but he continued his pace.

       Though of course the time she looks away, he stopped, and she ran right into his back.

        She gasped slightly with surprise, before pushing him forward with her hands. He stumbled a bit, but stopped once again when he regained his balance. She groaned internally. She hoped he was doing—whatever he was doing— for a reason, because he was risking both his and the demigod siblings lives.

        Unfortunately, Dr. Thorn saw Percy's odd behavior as well.  "What are you doing, Jackson?" Dr. Thorn hissed. "Keep moving!"

       Percy opened his eyes and gave him a painful frown. "It's my shoulder," he lied, trying to sound miserable, which he probably was. "It burns."

        "Bah! My poison causes pain. It will not kill you. Walk!" Aella let out a deep breath of relief. At least the poison wouldn't kill her. Just felt like it would. Goody.

        The demigods were led outside, and Aella finally realized the situation they were in. It was just her and Percy trying to protect two defenseless kids—no back up and no plan. They were basically following the monster to their deaths.

        Thorn inarched them into the woods. He led them down a gravely path that was covered in snow and barely lit by the old fashioned streets lights along it side. The breeze swept all of them into its ice cold temperatures, making her shiver as it hit her skin through the old jacket. Her side ached slightly, but grew bearable with the freezing wind. They hiked through the trees towards what she assumed was a large opening.

        "There is a clearing ahead," Thorn said, confirming her thought. "We will summon your ride."

"We?" She asked gruffly.