~Part 10~

Samael was seated at the bar were chris worked. He had a shot of whiskey in front of him, and girls surrounded him but his mind was stuck on Bianca.

He was worried that he might have been too harsh to her. He sighed and closed his eyes, conjuring up an image of how heartbroken she had looked. It was never his intention to make her cry, but a relationship between them was impossible, and stringing her along would be too cruel... even for a son of Hades.

"It was for the best." He said to himself, but the guilt he was feeling wasn't going anywhere. He gulped down the alcohol in one sip, and shot to his feet.

"Is something wrong?" Chris asked and he shook his head.

He exited the bar, taking one step, two, three, then he stopped.

Have I really thought this through?

What if she doesn't accept me?

What if she's scared of me?

The three major questions that had been stopping him from telling her the truth popped up. What was he going to do if things didn't turn out the way he wanted?

No. He couldn't be negative. He pushed the thoughts away and continued walking. After a while, walking didn't seem to be enough so he doubled his pace, running like he was in a race. He had made his decision. He was going to tell her everything. How he felt, who he was, and he only hoped she would still feel the same way.

He noticed her at the other side of the road and he slowed down his pace, panting to catch his breath. Slowly, he made his way over to where she was but before he could get to her, he noticed an out of control truck heading her way.

"Noo!!!!" He screamed as she was thrown in the air by the impact of the vehicle coming in contact with her body. As he got to where she laid, Samael pulled her close to his body, immediately regretting all the times he was mean to her. All the times he chased her away.

He didn't know who called for an ambulance but after a while, they showed up and loaded her into the vehicle. He stared down at his hands and clothes there were soaked with Bianca's blood. "No, no, no this can't be happening." For the first time in his entire life, the son of Hades shed tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they arrived at the hospital, Bianca was taken directly to the OR because the paramedics said she was in need of an immediate surgery.

Samael had to wait for what seemed like hours before the surgeon finally came out of the theatre. "Well? How was it?"

"Who are you to the patient?"

"I'm her boyfriend. Tell me what happened!"

"Alright, the surgery was a success. All her organs are functioning well and there is no serious damage to the brain. It's just that the impact of the accident caused shock for the patient, and as a result, she fell into a state of coma."

"What?"

"I'm sorry. We're still going to go on with her treatment and I'm sure that with time, she'll improve."

"But what about the coma? She is going to wake up...right?"

"Yes. I can't tell you when though, it could be a week, could be a month or even...longer. We just have to he hopeful."

"Can I see her?"

"You'll have to wait until she's out of the ICU first." He pat him on the shoulder before walking away.

Samael collapsed to the ground, a fresh set of tears already forming at the corner of his eyes. She was in a coma, and for the devil knows how long....and it was all his fault.

He called Chris and he showed up a while later with officer Bronco and his kids. Doing his best not to cry in front of them, Samael narrated all that happened to them and what the doctor said.

"My girl is in a coma?" Officer Bronco looked close to tears as he spoke. "She hasn't been herself since she lost her best friend. I just... I never thought something like this could happen."

"You don't have to worry Mr Bronco. B is a strong woman, and I'm sure she'll pull through." Chris managed to keep his cool, but Samael could tell that he was putting on a brave face for her family.

"Right, she's strong."

"Very strong. Aria, you have to be strong as well. Okay?"

She nodded but she was already crying.

"Are you okay?" Chris asked as he went to sit next to Sam.

"I don't know. I've never experienced something like this before." Samael had witnessed pain and death firsthand, he had even killed before. But he had never had to lose someone he cared about. The pain he was feeling was overwhelming, and the guilt that was bothering him had increased ten folds.

"I know B is gonna be alright. You wanna know why?"

"Why?"

"Because she's B. My advice for you is this, cancel your plans for the next year or so because you have a lot to make up for. She loves you, and she was always showing it. Now it's time for you to do the same."

The tears he had been trying to bottle up were suddenly flowing, and he couldn't stop it. He buried his face in his palms to prevent Chris from seeing him cry.

After a while, Chris had to go back to work and the Broncos went with him. The officer was refusing at first but Sam assured him he wasn't going to leave her alone, and they could always come back in the morning so he finally obliged.

Some time after midnight, she was moved out of the ICU to a ward and he was finally allowed to be by her side. When Sam saw her, he had to bite his finger to keep himself from crying.

She was looking so pale from losing that much blood. Her head was bandaged, she had a cast around her neck and left leg. He sat next to the bed and held her hand. "I...uh..." He didn't know what to say, he wasn't sure he could say anything without bursting into tears. "I'm so sorry I did this to you."