~Part 08~

SAMAEL.

"Well, look who finally came to visit."

"Hi mom."

"Where have you been?, You hardly come to see me."

"I'm sorry about that, I just thought you might want some time for your mother-daughter bonding."

"That's very sweet of you, but it doesn't mean you should be far from your mother."

"Okay, I'll visit more often." My phone vibrated in my pocket and I reached for it. "Ugh, why did I take this thing with me?" Bianca had sent a text. She had been arrested and was being charged with murder.

"Did something happen?"

"Hmm?, No. I just need to quickly take care of something."

Hang on, I'm on my way.

I replied and shoved the phone back in my pocket.

I was on my way to Bianca when I noticed her friend, Chloe wandering around. She looked confused and lost so I walked up to her. "Chloe?,"

"Sam, oh thank goodness. I don't know what's happening, I'm freaking out. I think something's wrong with me."

I wanted to ask what the problem was and how I could be of assistance but something happened. A man walked by and he bumped into her--or rather, he walked through her.

"It's okay, I understand. Come with me." I took her hand and led her to the park. She looked confused but she didn't say anything. When we got there, we went through the passage way that was there and I led her to the underworld and handed her over to Thanatos. "She doesn't have a drachma, could you spare one for her?"

"Hmm... alright."

"Thanks old man."

"Working even on vacation, are we?"

"I couldn't just leave her."

"Okay, well I'll tell your dad how hardworking you are."

"Very well then. I must get going now, I have somewhere I need to be." I turned to Chloe who still looked a bit confused. "Don't worry, he'll take care of you." She nodded and I left her with Thanatos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you for coming to see me." Bianca looked relived as she saw me.

"What happened?"

"Well, I went to my place this morning and to my utmost horror, I found Chloe's corpse there. I called the cops but they arrested me as the prime suspect."

Her hands were shaking and her eyes were red, obviously she had been crying. I wanted to hold her, to pull her in my arms and reassure her that she would be fine but I decided against it. Instead I just tapped her hand and she held on to my hands. "I didn't kill Chloe, she was my best friend, she was like a sister to me. There's no way I could have... I would never..." Her voice croaked as she chocked back a sob and I squeezed her hand gently.

"It's okay, I believe you. I'll make sure I get you out of here, I promise." I went to speak with the officer in charge and he said they were going to run an autopsy on Chloe's body and when the result comes out, they would decide on the next line of action.

The autopsy showed that Chloe had died of abuse of drugs so Bianca was released. She was thankful she wasn't jailed for a crime she was innocent of but she mourned for her best friend.

"Should we go out?" She stared at me, probably shocked by my question.

"Are you asking me out on a date?"