~Part 07~

I dialed Sam's number again, still no answer. That would make it the fourth time just today, I had also left multiple messages but, same thing. Ever since our little encounter, it was like he just disappeared.
For the past four days, we had all been trying to reach him but with no luck.

"B, he's not a baby. He'll come back when he's ready."

"Why did he leave?" Chloe tried to console me but it didn't really help. Different thoughts filled my mind.
Did I do something wrong?
Did he regret what happened between us?
My mind was about to explode and I hadn't reached a conclusion.

"B, you need to calm down." Chris stood by the door. He wasn't really bothered by Sam's disappearance because the two didn't really get along well.

"Chris is right B. I'm sure he'll be back soon." My mind wasn't at rest but I didn't want to stress them anymore so I just agreed with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sam?," He turned to face me and I almost burst into tears. He just stared at me like he didn't know who I was. His glare was cold, almost like someone shot spikes at me. "Where have you been?, I've been worried sick."

"Why?"

"What?" I walked to where he was seated and joined him. "Why wouldn't I be worried?, You were gone for more than a week."

"Why would you worry about me?"

"Why are you being so contemptible towards me?" He glanced in my direction but didn't look at me. "Where did you go?"

"That is none of your business. Stop acting like you're my mother." He got up and walked away, leaving me and my freshly broken heart alone.

I spent the next few days trying to get Sam to open up to me but all my efforts proved abortive. He was seriously refusing to get close to me and the fact that I didn't know what my offence was threatened to make me go crazy.

After a few days, Sam was gone again and this time, he left the phone behind. Chris offered to take me out and I reluctantly agreed. "You need to cheer up babe." He handed me a drink.

"I don't feel like drinking."

"Just take it, it'll help you." He held out the drink and I accepted it. I drank it in one gulp and dropped the cup.

"What was that?" It was refreshing, like I just had a glass of cold water after a long run. It was like vodka but with an extra taste, either lime or lemon.

"My magic drink." He smiled but didn't say anymore.

After a while, I noticed that I was starting to feel dizzy, even though I had only that one shot. I got up but couldn't stand up straight. "You alright?" He asked and I could only nod in response.  I took a step forward and almost fell but Chris caught me. "Woah easy there tiger." He put my arm around his shoulder and held my waist to support me.

He took me to his place and laid me on the bed. "Ugh," I felt really fucked up. I kept tossing around in bed, trying to make myself comfortable and my head was aching. Chris joined me, and through my half opened eyes, I noticed he had undressed. "What are you..."

"Shh, it's okay." His voice was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the fuck?" I opened my eyes and the first thing I felt was someone's hands on me. I clutched my head in pain as I sat up. "Fuck." I turned and saw Chris's sleeping body next to me. "What the..." I tapped him and he stirred awake.

He sat up and wanted to hug me. "What the hell happened?" He frowned at my question and wanted to hold my hand. "I'm not joking Chris. What the hell happened last night?".