~Part 09~

Bianca sat with the Broncos at the dining, they were having her favorite dish but she had no appetite. Officer Bronco and his kids had been trying to make her happy ever since she lost Chloe, and she appreciated their efforts, it just wasn't working.

The only person who managed to take her mind of the terrible incident was Sam, and he was nowhere to be found. Bianca didn't understand the way he acted, sometimes he'd be nice to her, making her feel like he liked her the way she liked him but the next minute, he's avoiding her and treating her like a stranger.

She held out her phone to check if he had replied any of her messages but he hadn't. She decided to give him another call, but as usual, he didn't answer.

When Bianca met Sam for the first time, she was immediately drawn to his mysterious beauty. He had awakened something inside of her that had been inactive for a long time. At first, she had mistaken what she felt to be just lust, just a woman being sexually attracted to a man, but as she got to know him, she realized it was so much more.

After her heart was broken by the man she trusted so much, she promised herself she would never give her heart out to a man again, and she had been doing just that, until she met him.

Sam made her feel young again, he made her want to experience love. Being around him gave her butterflies in her stomach, and whenever they touched, the feeling was always overwhelming.

Her mind drifted to the first kiss they shared. Just the thought of it sent bursts of heat down to her middle. She closed her eyes and pictured the fiery kiss, wishing it was happening all over again. Wishing she had his perfect soft lips on hers.

She groaned out loud and rested her head on the table, accidentally hitting her head on her plate. "Ow, dammit!."

"Are you okay dear?" Bronco's voice jerked her out of her thoughts.

"Oh...yeah, I'm okay."

"You haven't even touched your dinner."

"Yeah, I know...I uh...I guess I lost my appetite."

"Look Bianca, I know you're upset about what happened, and it's totally understandable but--"

"It's cool, thanks. I would like to go to my room, if you don't mind." She didn't wait for an answer before excusing herself.

She retreated to her room and threw herself on the bed. Her phone beeped and she jolted up, excited but her smile faded as she saw the text.

She laid down and covered her head with her blanket, "Sammy, where are you?" She closed her eyes as a single tear drop flowed down her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey lady, what's shaking?"

"Hey weirdo."

"Did you get my text?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Anytime. So, what would you like to drink?"

"I don't know if I'm in the mood to drink."

"Look B, I get that you're upset. First the whole incident with Chloe, and now Sam is being a jerk but you don't have to beat yourself up about it. None of it was your fault."

"I guess you're right, it just sucks."

"I know, but I'm here if you need me." He smiled brightly, showing all his teeth and she couldn't help but to smile too. "Now that's what I like to see."

"Thanks Chris."

"You don't have to thank me, I'm just doing my job."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~