~Part 01~

"Ugh!, What now?" I hid my head under the pillow, trying to block out the noise. "What are you two morons doing?!"

"We're playing knights." The twins said in unison and started laughing like idiots.

I shared a room with Anubis and Azrael, my older brothers who just happened to be twins.

I'm the last child out of five, my oldest sister Amara was married to Triptolemus, the god of agriculture. Damien, the all work and no play type worked with dad. Then the twins, and then me.

Neither of my siblings had to share a room but for some reason, dad insisted I shared a room with the twins. The reason for this, he said he wants us to bind but I believe he just wants to punish me.

I climbed out of bed and walked over to where they stood. "You morons, why are you using real weapons?" Anubis had a cut on his arm and Azrael was bleeding from his neck. It's lucky they were immortal or else they would have killed each other accidentally.

"Using real weapons makes us stronger." Azrael pointed out.

"Yes. Besides, it's more fun that way. Would you like to join us?"

"Join you?, You disrupted my peaceful sleep with your childish games and you ask if I want to join you?" They nodded and Anubis handed me his sword. "If I take that thing, I'll cut your head off."

"You'll have to catch me first." He threw the sword at me and they started running around the room.

I excused myself before they annoyed me any further. "Good morning my baby." My mom greeted me as I got to the dining area.

"Morning mom."

"Did you sleep well?"

"Actually no I didn't." She frowned at me, I knew she was going to ask why so I just told her."Azrael and Anubis are very annoying. They're always doing something stupid."

"Samael,"

"I can't take it anymore. Why do I have to share a room with them?, It's not like there aren't anymore rooms in the castle."

"You have to take it easy on your brothers."

"My older brothers." I stressed the older so she'd get my point. "I've been tolerating them for as long as I can remember."

"Your father feels that--"

"Dad isn't always here, and besides he isn't the one sharing a room with those immature dummies."I crossed my arms and didn't look at her.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"I lost my appetite." Being the last and most favorite son of my mother has its perks. She always wants me to be happy, and she hates it whenever I skip a meal.

"I'll talk to your father, and I'm sure he'll listen. So please eat your food Samael."

I waited for a moment like I was pondering what she said. "Okay fine."

"Thank you."

After breakfast, I went to grab my cloak to head to work when I bumped into my uncle. He told me to take the day off because the previous day was stressful. "You really mean it?"

"Sure kiddo, take the day off. Relax, do whatever you want to do. Just make sure you're well rested for tomorrow."

"Sure, I will. Thanks old man." Day offs were something my uncle rarely gave me so whenever I got one, I always appreciated it.

Not knowing what to do I decided to take a walk. I strolled down the halls and out of the palace. I decided to pay a visit to my favorite guard. "Hey big guy." He jumped up and down as he saw me, running around with excitement.

"You missed me, didn't you?" We haven't been able to hang out lately because work had been kind of stressful and time consuming, so whenever I wasn't working, I was either sleeping or eating.

He sat in front of me, tongue out and panting hard. His tail wiggling left and right. "Woof!" He let out a loud bark that would normally scare someone away if they didn't know him. "I missed you too buddy." I hugged him, or at least tried to. He licked my face, almost throwing me away in the process. "Damn, where are you growing to?."I tickled his tummy and he laid on his back, barking excitedly.

"You want more?, Of course you do."I rubbed his tummy and he howled, shaking his legs and hands. "Who's a good boy?, You're a good boy." I laughed and he made a weird sound that was kind of in the middle of barking and laughing. He rolled around like he used to do when he was still a puppy, the only difference now is that he could crush me if I wasn't careful. I mean sure I wouldn't die, but I still feel pain.

I brought out a little golden ball and he stood up, all three heads staring intensely at me. I tossed the ball out and he ran to retrieve it. He dropped the ball- now covered in dog slime-at my feet and waited.

I picked up the sticky ball and threw it and this time he brought it back even faster than before.

We played fetch for a while before I had to go back in. "I'll be back to see you again soon buddy."

"I was told you wanted to see me?"I waited by the door and he just stared at me.

"Yes," Mom was the one who answered. "your father and I wanted to tell you that from now on, you won't be sharing a room with your brothers. Right?"

"Right. Your mother feels you're mature enough to have your own room so from now on, you'll be staying alone."

"Thanks dad, I appreciate it."

"Are you happy now?" Mom asked and I nodded, still smiling. Finally, I was going to have a good night's rest.

I chose the room next to my old one and moved my things there. It wasn't as big as my old room but it was okay, because I wouldn't be sharing it with anyone.

After I organized all my things, I laid on the bed feeling happy about the good sleep I was going to have knowing that no one can wake me up in the middle of the night or early in the morning.