10| Won't say

The next day Y/n was at work, she was just cleaning tables while Parma was on register duty and Legume was in the back. She was thinking about Buu, he'd been heavy on her mind ever since what happened yesterday. He was suddenly so distant, after things were going so well.

Parma was getting bored since work was slow, she glanced at Y/n and spoke, "So how are things going with Buu? Is he alright?" She asked.

Just great. Y/n didn't know how to answer, realistically he was fine but they weren't fine, they weren't even on speaking terms. He just stayed in his room for the remainder of the night not even giving her a goodnight as he usually did.

"He's just the way he is," Y/n stated with a little laugh.

Parma laughed, "Oh, Y/n, that can hardly be great, I'll just chalk it up to a bad day, I promise it gets better," she said.

Y/n sighed, "Well how can you tell so easily?" She asked, she knew Parma knew her well but she was questioning everything today.

Parma winked, "Just do," she told her.

Y/n sighed, "Should we just close? It doesn't seem like anyone else will come," she said.

Parma laughed, "There's a warm bath and a glass of wine calling my name, girl, I'm not going to say no!" She said playfully.

-

Y/n came home and the first thing she did was head to Buu's room to see if he was alright, some part of her thought he wanted to be left alone but why would he be so cold to her yesterday after everything was going so well? It didn't make sense.

Y/n peek in and found Buu looking down at something, she presumed it was his phone but then she realized it was a bit bigger than a phone. When he realized she'd come in he casually slipped it under his pillow like it was nothing.

Y/n sat down at the edge of his bed as she usually did when they talked and she looked at him with pleading eyes, "What happened between us, Buu? Did I upset you? I mean everything was-" before she could finish, Buu had her in his arms, he hugged her.

"Why did you leave? You left for so long," Super Buu said, his tone was noticeably different. He sounded worried.

Y/n blinked, "Well, I didn't think much of it, I went to Parma's house and stayed the night then we both went to work, it's no biggie," she said.

"No biggie? I missed you," Buu admitted.

"Then what happened yesterday?" Y/n asked frustratedly.

Super Buu was still hesitant, "If I told you, you'd be angry," he stated.

Y/n was caught off guard by that, what could he possibly be hiding? There isn't anything she could name off the top of her head that would piss her off, the house was clean, nothing was missing or broken and she didn't expect him to work so him not showing up was just commonplace now.

Y/n sighed, "You can tell me anything, Buu, we're good friends," she told him.

Buu looked down, "Can I tell you tommorow?" He asked.

Y/n nodded, "As long as you tell me eventually, I can wait as long as you want Buu, I just don't want you to be unhappy," she told him, she laid her head on his chest and looked at the TV, "Oh, you're watching the Mr. Satan broadcast, he's such a good guy, he saved us from all of those evil bad guys, I have a shirt he signed once! I love it, didn't you mention something about him once?" She asked, thinking back to what Buu said when Van was over.

Buu looked at her, "It isn't important," he said.

Y/n nodded, "If you say so, Buu," she responded.

Buu looked at her, "Do you work tomorrow?" He asked.

Y/n shook her head, "No, tomorrow is Saturday, I was thinking about going shopping, you need new clothes, we need food and I just feel it'd be nice to get out of the house," she said. Quickly after Buu stated, "I'm coming. I must come to protect you," he said.

Y/n laughed, "You're right, besides I need someone to tell me when to stop spending," she said.

Y/n tilted her head a little, "I thought you were angry with me, Buu, what's changed?" She asked, curiously. Buu glared at her, "I was," he stated.

"So? Why? What happened?" She asked.

Buu tilted her chin up with his index finger and looked her dead in the eyes
"You did not leave me food," he said as calmy as possible.

Y/n stared back into his eyes, "I told you the phone can order food, just call the pizza place," she said, furrowing her brows, "I can't bake at home everyday, I get tired," she explained.

Buu interlocked their fingers, "That was not part of our agreement," he stated very clearly, he was surprisingly well spoken. He only occasionally referred to himself in the third person. He keeps his sentence short and to the point.

Y/n sighed, "There's no winning with you, Buu. I'm sorry, do you at least like the gift I got you? Where is it?" She asked.

Buu shrugged, "Dropped it in the toilet, it wont work," he said.

Y/n couldn't help but burst out laughing, the way he so casually admitted it was hilarious, she could've died of laughter, "Hm, It's- It's Ok-" she laughed again, letting go of his hands to hold her side as she kept laughing.

When Y/n finally got rid of the giggles things became a lot calmer.

Then they held each other, Buu liked having her in his arms, he could imagine himself doing this for the rest of time. That simply wasn't possible though the creatures of Earth simply aren't long lived, even other species outside this little planet weren't, whereas they could live thousands Buu could live millions and billions, he's been here forever.

Buu was lost in his train of thought until he heard her let out a soft yawn and that just made him smile, not the twisted smile he dawned in his past. This one was genuine, he loved Y/n dearly.

-

The next day went well, Buu absolutely insisted to dress from head to toe in different clothes, which was different. Y/n certainly didn't mind it though, it just seemed like he appreciated the things she bought him. After all finding pants and shirts for him was hard. He was drawn to his usual color scheme, sporting a black shirt just a tad bit to big, a tighter fitting, long sleeve white shirt underneath and baggy jeans. To top it all off he even wore a snapback hat. He was attempting to conceal his identity but Y/n just thought of it as stylish.

He was carrying all her boxes and bags, and constantly insisting they go to whatever food stand they passed.

Finally Y/n settled on one.

"What about that one? There's pretzels, with sugar!" Buu said enthusiastically as he pointed at the small pretzel stand and Y/n laughed, "Fine, we'll get pretzels," she gave in.

"We'll eat once we find somewhere to sit though, it's crowded and my feet are killing me," Y/n stated.

Y/n ordered for them, obviously ensuring they give Buu the biggest pretzel they had and she requested they dip it in both chocolate and sprinkles, for her she ordered an equally large one with her favorite topping, even if she can't finish it Buu will, he might even take it while she was eating. It was so rewarding to see his pleased expression as she walked with both pretzels in hand. He followed her out, what happened next absolutely blindsided Buu.

He could sense them. His eye twitched, all of them weren't far from here but he didn't have a good excuse to leave just yet.