4| Side by Side

Y/n had a small house in the outskirts of West City, it was very peaceful. She inherited the house from her family. It was distanced from the rest of the city but still within a reasonable drive. Y/n didn't have neighbors, her house was isolated. Until today, Y/n stretched and let out a loud yawn, she groggily and left her bed. She was honestly too tired to cook, so she simply went to get a shower. As she entered the bathroom she looked out the window, she saw a house.

"That's odd...I don't remember that being there, I don't have any neighbors...that I know of," she said to herself softly as she looked at the house in awe. It looked like it was made of marble, it was stunning.

She couldn't see herself bothering it's inhabitants though, they were probably a rich couple looking to enjoy this peaceful area just outside the bustling city.

-

At work, Y/n noticed Buu wasn't here, she felt a little sad he didn't show up but hell, maybe he got sick with some odd alien virus, he clearly wasn't human.

Parma was sweeping, "Aw, the new guy didn't show up, Ms. L/n, why is that?" She asked. Y/n shrugged, "Well I'm not sure, Parma, he isn't the best communicator," she replied. Parma nodded, "Well, Van is back in town but he can't come in today and you know Legume is at that funeral," she said.

Y/n smiled, "Well I guess it's just us," she said, "Well that's easy, today seems slow, we haven't had a single customer," she said. Parma looked a little worried, "Hm, will pay still be at the end of this week?" She aske. Y/n nodded, "Of course, the Briefs tipped so generously last Sunday, it's enough to split between all of us," she said, "Besides you know I've still got my inheritance even if we don't make enough this week," she said. Parma smiled and nodded, "Right, thank you, Y/n, I apologize if I came off as greedy by asking, I just have kids to feed," she said. Y/n laughed, "Never me, Parm, never me," she said.

Parma laughed, "You say that now but someday you'll settle down with someone special. In fact, I think you'll be back on the dating scene by the end of the month," she told her.

Y/n shook her head, "Gotta focus on the business right now, I spend most of my time baking, I hardly have any time to go out, when I do it's usually to go get ingredients," she said. Parma laughed, "Well make time! At least make time to go out with your friends, since business is so slow why don't you just work less hours in shop," she said. Y/n remained hesitant, "I don't know...Especially with Buu working here, if I'm not here he'll wipe out everything in the display, the storage, the freezer and probably dash to the other bakery down the street for a second fill up," she said.

Parma shrugged, "Well fire the guy, we can't risk losing all that money," she said. Y/n sighed, "You're right but I felt bad for him, he doesnt have a home and he was just hungry, besides he's got this really cool magic that can fix broken glass, I think he can fix other things too but I haven't seen it yet," she said.

Just then, Van walked though the doors clearly a little hung over.

"Hey there, girls, where's Legume?" He asked in a dejected manner.

"His hamsters funeral," Parma said with a sigh, "You were supposed to meet the new guy today! His name is Buu, he's our little handyman, you'd love him, it lightens your load," she said.

Van's eyebrow raised, he didn't seem too happy about this. It felt like he was being replaced by this Buu guy already and he needed to act quickly to secure his position here at Y/n's bakery. Van and his roommate Smitty couldn't afford him loosing his job.

Van chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck brushing a few strands of his long blonde hair back and he smirked, "So, Y/n, you still free? I was hoping we could do staff movie night again but just you and I, no offense, Parm," he said.

Y/n smiled, "Oh, well you know how busy I am, Van, you can come over anytime though, you know where I live," she said.

Van nodded, "Indeed I do," he said.

-

Super Buu had fell asleep, his usual naps could take years but this time he remembered he had a job, he wanted to see his friend so after sleeping for around 20 hours he woke up and walked out of his large house, he could sense Y/n's ki, he felt very close to her already so it was an honor to build a house close to hers.

It was night again already, he noticed Y/n going to her house so he left his and started walking behind her, "Y/n" Buu said which startled her, "Buu!" She gasped, "Where were you!? We were worried about you, you have to tell people in advance when you call off," she said.

Super Buu placed his hand on Y/n's head again, "Buu did not call off," he said. Y/n looked up, "Clearly, you never showed up without a reason!" She said, "Next time I wont be so lenient, Buu," She said.

Super Buu looked at her house, "You live in there, yes?" He asked, Y/n tried to nod but the weight of his hands was a bit much, "Yeah, that's my place, where do you live Buu? I remember you said you made another house," she said.

Buu pointed to the house he made right next to hers, Y/n blinked, "YOU MADE THAT!?" She asked. Super Buu shrugged, "What can I say, I'm talented as you said," he stated confidently.

Y/n laughed, "Well I'm glad I have such a good neighbor, my friend Van is coming over for movie night tomorrow,  do you want to come as well Buu?" She asked.

Super Buu's expression seemed to light up, it was hard not to live his little goofy smile. Buu removed his hand from her head and nodded, "Yes!" He exclaimed.

Y/n laughed, "Alright! Way to go Buu! I love it, you're coming out of your shell, big guy, I think you'll really like Van, he's a nice guy," she said, "Just promise you'll come to work tommorow, I got you a hat, a shirt and some new pants," she told him.

"I am not taking off my pants," Buu said stubbornly as he crossed his arms.

Y/n rolled her eyes, "Whatever, suit yourself," she told him as she walked inside and closed the door.

Super Buu stood in her lawn for what seemed like an hour, he half expected her to come back outside but that wasn't happening.

He liked her. A lot.