9| Gift

Y/n and Super Buu had officially become roommates for the most part. Y/n would work while Buu did the housework, watched TV, played video games and most importantly he guarded the house. It wasn't conventional since she had to make all the income while he eats a sizable portion of what she makes but Y/n adored his companionship. Today she was going to give him a gift.

Y/n came into the little room she gave to Buu, it used to be a storage room but there wasn't much in there so she cleaned it out and threw two mattresses in there for him, when pushed together they were pretty much a big bed. Buu was a big guy so he appreciated the comfort, she let him decorate the room to his tastes which mostly consisted of  many, many, pillows. Hell, this guy had a softer bed than Y/n.

He was worth it in her eyes though, Buu was a good roommate. She also didn't expect him to be as cleanly as he is, he was familiar with brushing his teeth, bathing and cleaning. Though he did have to bathe at his old house, the bath tub was bigger there.

All was well between the two of them, Y/n knocked on the door and Super Buu opened it, "What is it?" He asked as he leaned against the door frame.

Y/n smiled, "You're wearing the shirt! The one that I bought you, it fits very nicely, Buu," she told him. Buu nodded, "It does, though I don't like it, I prefer to roam as I am. Without a shirt," he explained. Y/n laughed, "Well too bad, wearing a shirt is crucial around here," she said. To which Buu retorts, "Perhaps you should try it. Though I doubt you are as well built as I am," he said patting his chest, "As you can see, I am very well endowed," he said.

Y/n scoffed, "You know what endowed means but not how to read a clock," she remarked. Buu rolled his eyes.

Y/n laughed a little, "I'm just messing with you, Buu! I brought you something!" She said.

Buu dawned an expression of shock, why would she give him something else? He tried looking behind her to see what the box was and Y/n laughed again, "Silly, you can't spoil the gift just yet, I want you to guess what it is," she said.

Buu tapped the side of his face with his index finger and thought for a moment, "Chocolate," he told her confidently.

"Try again," Y/n's voice rang.

"Then I don't want it," he went over to his bed and laid down flickering through the channels on his little TV.

Y/n scoffed, "Buu, it's a phone," she said as she showed him the box.

To which Buu said, "Not food, not interested," he said. 

Y/n honestly didn't want to argue with him since that never got them anywhere, he'd just mope around the house and look at her with big old sad eyes if she did that. Or kill her. The latter of which was in the back of her mind but she felt she and Buu had a strong enough connection, he wouldn't do something that drastic.

"Why are you in such a bad mood today?" She asked, "I brought you a gift, I'm trying to be nice to you," she said.

Buu shrugged.

Y/n sat down at the edge of his bed and showed him the phone again, "If it means anything to you, you can use the phone to order food. You can call the pizza restaurant, I figured you'd like that so I already put it in the contacts, then there's me and Parma," she told him.

It was eating at him day by day, as much as Super Buu adored her company, he wasn't being honest with her. He had a conscience, albeit a small one. There was still some semblance of the happy, pudgy majin who waddled around innocently deep down. There was even semblance of his younger self, Kid Buu, but not the raging monster that Bibidi controlled, a clean slate, someone new, he was unaware of a bigger purpose in the universe so it was so easy for the wizards to control him, he didn't know just how much evil he'd be used for. He was a slave to those evil wizards and if there's one thing he didn't regret it was killing Babidi.

Though Super Buu didn't convey it much, he did have feelings, he could get scared. Right now he was scared.  Buu hadn't felt scared since he was at risk of losing. He was running out of options and Vegito could have finished him then and there if he didn't have motives to take his absorptions. He was thinking about it lately.

Y/n would most definitely lose trust in him again if he said he extinguished trillions because evil wizards ruined his life. It sounds so made up only a fool would believe it.

Buu was quiet for the most part as Y/n looked down at the gift wondering what was wrong with it. Did she make him angry? He must really hate the shirt.

Y/n let out a deep sigh, "Alright, Buu, you don't have to wear the shirt, just don't give me the cold shoulder, I really wanted you to like your gift," she said.

"It's not that..." Buu admitted, he took the phone and looked at it, "What does it do?" He asked.

Y/n felt a little disappointed, his reaction was so underwhelming, this wasn't like him, sometimes he was distant but this was torture.

"Press the bar with my name on it then press the button in the center," Y/n said.

Buu pressed it and Y/n's phone rang, "See! Now I'm going to leave the room and answer," she said as she walked out and went to the kitchen to answer Buu's call.

"Hello," Y/n said into the phone.

Super Buu breathed into the mic of the phone but didn't say anything. She figured he wanted he be left alone.

Why did it seem like the peaceful partnership they had was sinking so quickly?

Y/n decided to not bother, she was going go treat herself today,  Buu could keep the gift and continue his somber mood alone.

So Y/n went out.

Buu sat in his room. Looking down at Y/n's contact and sighed. He had come to terms with the fact that his infatuation with her was more than just an infatuation. She wasn't just his best friend, he had a major crush on her. Worst of all, he couldn't tell her that, she'd either say no and tell him to leave or he'd feel even more guilty about what he wasn't telling her.

Things couldn't last like this forever. He laid low for all these years but Vegeta and Goku surely would catch on to his location and begin where they left off.