8| Home

Y/n awoke still cloaked in Buu's warm embrace, she let out a soft yawn. Y/n soon glanced at the wall clock through her hazy gaze and then jolted up, "I'm late!" She yelled, she ran off to go shower while Buu kept drooling.

He noticed his arms were empty though, this was enough to wake him so he got up from the couch and he sat there taking in the atmosphere of Y/n's home, it was so much different from his home. Hers was full of life, full of color, it really felt lively in here, this house was a home. Buu's house was rather drab, the bleak grey walls of his home were void of any character, decoration was scarce and it was nowhere near as welcoming in in it's atmosphere. Buu liked Y/n's house more, he didn't want to leave it, it was warm and inviting and it made him feel closer to the person he admired most.

As soon as Y/n had left the shower, she went to her room to get dressed.

Buu stood up and went to her door, he placed his hand on the door, he wondered what she'd say. Last night was odd, probably circumstantial. Would she hold him at any higher regard?

Y/n took her precious time getting dressed and once she came out Buu was standing there arms crossed, "You are going to work?" He inquired.

Y/n chuckled, "I don't really have a choice, Buu, but hey," she pulled him into a tight hug, "Thank you for everything last night, I don't know what I'd do if I hadn't met you. I regret not trusting you but I'm glad you helped me anyways," she said, "Besides...if you didn't take care of Van, I would've beat him with that bat till he was purple, I bet all he has is a few broken bones right now," she said.

Super Buu smirked, "I wouldn't count on it," he told her, which spooked Y/n, "Hah, funny, Buu but I don't want Van dead, he deserves prison if anything, I really do hope he's alright," she said. Buu was confused though, "But you would've killed him?" He asked. Y/n rubbed her arm, "I don't think so, I really don't know, everything happened so suddenly, I'd like to think I could control my emotions in that moment but I'll never know, I'm just glad you were there," Y/n said.

Buu nodded, "It was nothing. I like you, I would do it again and again and again," he told Y/n this time patting her head gently stroking her hair.

Y/n looked up at him with a smile, "Well, you should probably go home, Buu, you're still tired, we only slept for 8 hours, you need at least 40," she joked, Super Buu looked less than enthusiastic about it, "No way," he said.

Y/n laughed, "You have to! This is my house, you're too big to even fit in my bath tub, you can't stay forever," she said.

Super Buu rasied his index finger, "I have a proposal," he said, "You allow me to stay. I keep the house safe while you work, that ugly brute Van wouldn't dare come back and if anyone else does we know who'll handle it," he pounded his fist against his palm and looked at Y/n awaiting her response.

Y/n tilted her head, "Like a bodyguard? Gee! I've never had one before but honestly that job suits you more than baking since you eat more than you make," she said.

Super Buu held out his hand, "So?" He asked.

Y/n nodded, "Yes, I'll pay you in sweets, as soon as I get home I'll make sure I bake whatever you want. Deal?" She asked, extending her hand as well.

Buu without hesitation shook her hand, "Deal," he said.

Y/n smiled, "Well- I better get going, Buu, if you need anything you can fly, but I have to buy you a phone soon to save you the trouble," she said as she went on her merry way.

Just so carefree, in a sense Buu envied her. He was constantly on edge and battling externally and internally. Right now was one of those moments where he questioned himself.

As soon as Y/n had left he looked down at his feet, thoughts floated around his head.

Was he too nice to her? Why would he commit such a selfless act? Saving her was pointless, the inhabitants of Earth aren't nearly as long lived as he was. After all, Buu cannot even remember how long ago he was born. If he even was born. He just exists and for most of his memorable life he's been a monster. An insatiable monster with a lust for violence and sugar. Saving Y/n was so pointless because she'd never like him if she knew what he'd done.

-

Y/n came home tired as usual after a long day, there were actually customers today, with Van being gone, the work load tripled for everyone. Parma, Legume and Y/n were beat.

As she walked in Y/n noticed Buu had become infatuated with the TV. The glow of the television illuminated his face, she found it rather cute. He was so fixated on the TV that he hardly paid her any mind.

Y/n got a little closer to Buu blocking his view of the TV now, "Hey, you, I see you figured out the TV! Have you got a favorite show?" She asked.

Buu pointed to the TV, "This one, the 6th channel, they bake," he told her.

Y/n smiled, "Well that's nice, you're learning how to bake too, do you want to try? You bake just as well as them," she said.

Buu rolled his eyes, "Well, you said I'm no good at it, why bother," he said in a dejected tone as he tilted his head trying to see the TV.

Y/n rubbed the back of her neck, "Sorry about that, I didn't mean to discourage you, I just meant you just didn't do a very good job at making things for work, I think you'd like baking at home, you get to eat everything we make," she said, "Just leave me at least a crumb," she said sarcastically.

Buu cracked his neck, "Noted," he replied.

Y/n sat beside him and laid her head on his shoulder, "So what did you do today?" She asked.

Buu shrugged, "TV," he responded bluntly. Y/n sighed, somewhat relived, if he stayed in one area all day that means he probably didn't make any messes or raid the pantry. Her main concern was obviously the latter.

Y/n looked at the TV watching with Buu for a moment, she could see why he was so enthralled, it was a good show, warm and welcoming host and the elegant looking cakes she baked looked incredible to say the least. The was her goal, to become someone just like the host of the show, with lots of adoring fans of her work, plenty of money and a great makeup team. She had to be at least 50 but she looked 25.

Right now all Y/n had was Buu and her two employees. Outside of work Y/n didn't have many friends, Van was her first albeit he was distance and secretive sometimes. She could sometimes envision a life beside Van, his betrayal hurt more than she'd like to admit. Buu's presence kept her from too many tears shed since he was adamant about being here. It meant a lot, he didn't seem to be out to scheme her either since he revealed to her that he had no idea how currency worked. He'd never seen zeni.

Y/n had a hunch Buu wasn't from earth, but it wasn't important after all many of the earthlings were far from human-like, there was a talking pig on two legs, a dog in a suit and tie, a boy with the tail of a monkey. Was a bubblegum man too far fetched at this point?

Buu placed his arm around Y/n which made her smile, she felt her face heat up a little, "I'm glad you're here, Buu," she said.

Buu was fighting the urge to dismiss her and not further plunge himself into a docile nature around her but he gave in, "I like you, Y/n, I like you very much, I like to be here," he said.

Y/n laughed, "Well I'm glad, but if you're going to stay any longer I'll need to look into buying a larger tub," she said.