f o u r t e e n

harrys pov ;

Even though Zayn was tired and sick, he insisted on driving me to school, seeing as it was raining, again.

The car ride was silent with the exception of the quiet blare of music and the roar of the car engine.

Once we arrived at school, I leaned over to give him a quick peck on the lips before slipping out and walking into the school.

I walked towards my locker, trying my best to go unnoticed. It was once again weird to be here without Zayn. It feels.. empty. Too empty.

As I approached my locker, I saw someone standing infront of it, looking as if he were waiting for someone. I frowned and walked towards him.

"Um excuse me. That's my locker." I say in a soft voice. The boy turned around and I gasped.

"Hey babe." He smirked.

"J-Jack?" I managed before everything just went black.

-

I woke up in the nurses office, Zayn by my side. I jolted up, immediately clutching my aching head.

"Babe, relax." Zayn whispered, easing me back down. He leaned down to give me a soft kiss on my forehead.

"He's back, Z." I whispered, barely audible. Zayn frowned.

"Who is, love?" Zayn asked but I couldn't reply. The last time I said his name I blacked out.

"Me." Said a horribly familiar voice. I whipped around and my eyes met with his. Zayn followed my gaze to glance at the door. He immediately stood up.

"What the fuck do you want?" Zayn growled, grabbing my hand protectively. Jack smirked, but didn't dare to move any closer.

"Oh nothing. Just here to take back what's mine." He replied, leaning against the doorframe. Zayn immediately lunged at him, knocking him to the ground.

"Zayn! Stop," I cried out, scrambling over to them before Zayn could land a punch, "he's not worth it." Zayn's grip on Jack loosened and his expression softened.

He stood up and grabbed my hand, leading me out the school and into his car. The parking lot was deserted. School must be over already. Damn.

The ride was uncomfortable and quiet. I couldn't tell if he was mad at me or just the situation. His knuckles gripped the steering wheel tightly, turning them white.

"Z.. I love you." I whispered out, hoping to relieve some of the anger and tension in the air. Zayn's knuckles regained their color as he pulled up at his house and turned towards me.

"I love you too, Haz. Don't forget it." He replied, pulling me into a kiss.

This was so perfect. Just perfect.

Nothing could break us apart. Nothing.

...

Or so I thought.

-