75. Children of the Forest

Começar do início

"Yeah? Aren't we high rank in the Scouts?" Connie said.

"Don't touch that!" Nicolo shouted as he dove between the two, wrestling the wine out of their hands and into his embrace.

"Ch-Chill out, Nicolo. We're just screwing around. No need to overreact." Jean said, surprised at his actions.

Nicolo's face was one of frustration and simmering anger. "This good stuff would be wasted on Eldians!"

"Huh?" Sasha said in confusion.

"Nicolo, you're still saying stuff like that?" Jean said and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "The booze don't give a damn what a race we are!"

"Don't touch me, Eldian! Just because I've been nice doesn't make us pals." Nicolo yelled.

Jean then snarled at him. "Have you forgotten what you are? You're just a-"

"A filthy captive, huh? That makes us even Eldian." Nicolo said, a bit nervous. He pulled himself away and walked out of the room.

"What's his problem?" Connie asked, confused.

"Dammit! Hell if I know." Jean said.

Faye and Mikasa looked at eachother and shrugged.
.

Nicolo walked away from the room, a nervous and worried look on his face.

As he walked past the dining room with the Braus family Gabi and Falco saw him.

"Go." Gabi told Falco.

"Argh! My stomach hurts!" Falco proclaimed loudly on que.

"You okay, Ben?" Artur asked.

"Eat something bad?" Lisa asked.

The Braus family looked at him with concerned looks.

Falco stood up. "I think I need to use the restroom!" He then walked off, hunched over.

Gabi then stood up, too. "I think I better go help my brother!"

'Good luck.' Kaya thought to herself.
.

Down in the cellar, Nicolo was hunched over the table, looking exhausted.

He turned around and saw Gabi and Falco walking down the stairs.

"Hmm? The restroom is the other way." Nicolo said.

"That's not why we're here, Nicolo." Falco said.

"We came from Marley. We're Warrior candidates." Gabi explained.

"What?" Nicolo said and gasped.

"We think there will be a huge offensive against the island soon." Falco said.

"Until then, hang in there! And let any of your Marleyan comrades know!" Gabi said.

They both continued to explain.

Nicolo put his hands up, looking worried and confused. "H-Hold up! What are Warrior candidates doing here?"

"The island devils raided Liberio. We got aboard their airship as it retreated and rode it here." Gabi explained.

Nicolo gasped again with wide eyes. "Did you... shot anyone? A female... soldier?"

Falco gasped as it dawned on him, his face one of terror.

"Yes, I did!" Gabi said with a smile. "I've only killed a few, but our real revenge has yet to begin!"

"Gabi, wait! Hey!" Falco said.

Nicolo continued to stare at them as Gabi continued even as Falco put a hand on her shoulder.

"We won't let those spineless devils get away with-" Gabi said.