𝗘𝘅𝘁𝗿𝗮 3: 𝗪𝗲𝗮𝗽𝗼𝗻 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗹

Remember when Y/N said he'd teach Steven about how he summons his weapon?

Well... Here it is... A very short Extra about Y/N teaching Steven.

These events happened a day before Chapter 3: Warp Pad Adventures
______________________________________

"Umm........ How do you do it again?"
Steven asks, his eyes going cross-eyed, as he spaced out during Y/N's monotone explaination.

"Steven, please pay attention..."
Y/N monotoned.

Steven, in turn, simply gives him a goofy shrug. Which made Y/N giggle.

"Okay, Steven..."
Y/N starts, beginning his explaination.

"Pearl activates her weapon by majestic and fluid motions, as if she was a leaf in the wind. She tries extremely hard to master the art of weapon activation."
Y/N said.

"True"
Steven says.

"Amethyst activates her weapon by simply willing it. Similar to her attitude, her way of summoning is very straightforward... She just does what she wants, and it works out"
Y/N said.

"Mm hmm..."
Steven said, still focusing soley on
Y/N's voice.

"Garnet... Garnet is a bit more complicated..."
Y/N starts.

Steven listens closely to what he would say.

"That is all... Her way of activation is just complicated."
Y/N said plainly.

"Oh..."
Steven blinks.

"And mine... Well, for me to activate my weapon, I simply think of everyone I want to protect."
Y/N says.

Steven tilts his head in confusion.

"As you know, my weapon... Is not really the first choice of most battle gems... It is usually seen as more of a tool, than a weapon."
Y/N said, summoning his weapon and holding it out for Steven to see.

"B-But, you kick so much gem butt with it! You go like, POW! WAM! 'RIGHT IN YOUR TEETH!' There's no way it's just a tool!"
Steven exclaimed, which made Y/N smile.

"That is because I made it into a weapon... Do you know why I decided to turn my simple mining tool into a weapon?"
Y/N asks, kneeling so that he could be the same height as Steven.

"Why?"
Steven asks.

"Because I want to protect my friends with it"
Y/N smiles.

Steven's eyes sparkle with Y/N's explaination.

"So... What your saying is... If I want to activate my gem... I just have to think of wanting to protect you guys?"
Steven asks.

"Well... Each Gems' way of weapon activation is different, Steven. Mine may be that case, but you might be different."
Y/N said.

Steven nodded his head.

"All you need to do, is find what activates your gem... And that may take months, maybe years... But there is no rush. You are still a kid after all."
Y/N said, ruffling Stevens hair.

"Hey! I'm not a kid!"
Steven complains.

Y/N chuckles at Steven's antics.

"Off you go now, Steven. I think Pearl might be looking for you."
Y/N said.

"...Okay! Bye Y/N!"
Steven said, running off, and back to his house.

Y/N stares as Steven enters his house. He then glances back at the pickaxe he had summoned.