𝗖𝗵. 3: 𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗽 𝗣𝗮𝗱 𝗔𝗱𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀

"Steven, let's go!"
Pearls voice could be heard from the warp pad.

"Uh, coming!"
Steven ran down the stairs, wearing what seemed to be... A Cheeseburger backpack?

Steven approaches the warp pad, where Pearl, Amethyst, and Garnet were standing.

Steven then realized something weird.

"Wait... Where's Y/N? I thought he was coming with us on this mission"
Steven asked the gem trio.

"Oh, Y/N? He couldn't come. Something about 'work'. ugggghh... bummer..."
Amethyst muttered the last part.

"He has already apologized about it, Amethyst."
Garnet said.

"Aww man... I wanted to show him this cool backpack"
Steven slouched.

"Don't worry Steven..... Hey, at least you can surprise him when you get back from the mission!"
Amethyst cheered Steven up.

"Yeah... You're right! Umf! Let's go!"
Steven said, hopping onto the warp pad, before finally being warped away to wherever the Mine their mission is.
(Mine, as opposed to Hell)

.

.

.

Just as Steven and the Crystal Gems left, Y/N's room opened up with Y/N casually walking out of it.

Y/N wipes sweat could be seen running from his temple, and he stretched his arms.

Y/N looks around, quite startled from the silence. Steven always came running whenever Y/N came out of his room.

"Hello? Steven?"
Y/N walked around, when he didn't hear a reply, he figured Steven must still be waiting for his package.

"Steven?
He checked outside, but Steven wasn't there either.

"Steven?"
Y/N went back inside, slightly panicking now, he checked Steven's room, but he wasn't there either.

"Steven?"
Y/N called out again, still no reply.

"Ste- ...hm?"
Y/N looked down, and realized that most of Steven's stuff was on the floor.

"..."
Y/N looked to the right, and noticed a strange statue on Steven's bed.

'this was what the Crystal Gems were supposed to retrieve, was it not?'
Y/N thought, examining the statue.

Flashback
______________________________________

"Duuuude! were going out on a mission! Are you coming?"
Amethyst asked, standing on the warp pad with Garnet and Pearl on either side of her.

Y/N is still relatively new to this whole Crystal Gem mission thing, so he doesn't really have to come with them all the time.

"My apologies, Amethyst. I have work to do back in my room"
Y/N replied.

"Aww, bummer, dude. Good luck anyway!"
Amethyst said.

"Take care of Steven, Y/N. We need to retrieve a statue for the spire!"
Pearl said excitedly.

"Statue?"
Y/N cutely tilted his head.

"Yes! Oh, Y/N, it looked beautiful! Imagine how it would look in the flesh! Er- well... In the stone!"
Pearl said, showing Y/N a projection of the statue through her gem.

Amethyst rolled her eyes with Pearl's fangirling.

"We have to go now. Take care, Y/N"
Garnet said.