- 02

L I Z Z I E02 | electric attraction

L I Z Z I E
02 | electric attraction

Tia blinks at me in an unconventional manner when I narrate the day's events to her. Her green eyes flutter behind her thick lashes. I observe her in my mirror while I decorate my eyes with black eyeliner, creating a butterfly effect on the sides.

"Oh my God, Lizzie!" she suddenly exclaims, getting up from my bed and covering her mouth with her hands. "You were challenged by Ryan Pierce! How can you be so okay after that?"

She looks visibly speechless, not a surprise considering the way she has had a crush on Ryan Pierce ever since he came on the front page of Forbes magazine. She has made him her idol and wants to follow his path to success when she opens her own digital business.

The doe-eyed creature even has his public appearances memorized from morning to night which makes me wonder if she would have been his perfect assistant instead of me. She is even prettier than I am. Maybe she would have been a better choice.

Her black dress hugs her curves and behind her temporary glasses, there is a sweet heart-shaped face with milky skin and full lips as she stares at me wide-eyed. Her brunette hair hangs loosely over her shoulders, framing her face in gentle waves.

I, on the other hand, am dressed in a simple white crop top with full sleeves and a royal blue skirt which doesn't stick to my curves as hers does. My hair is in a half up-do unlike hers.

"It's nothing much, Tia." I drop the eyeliner back in my make-up box before turning to her. "That man is not the idol you make him to be. He doesn't even know how to conduct a proper interview! I pissed him off and that's why he gave me the job."

"But you got to meet him!" Tia contradicts, making dreamy eyes at the ceiling. "And Lizzie, he is so handsome. God, I wish I was in your place."

"Your opinions would have changed," I remark, picking up my sling bag from the bed. "Besides you're lucky you get to do your dream job. I mean Digital Manager for Bright Media? Hello, that's huge!"

"But my boss isn't some handsome guy I would drop my panties for in a second. He's a half-aged dude with an eternal growl plastered twenty-four seven."

"And my boss has an eternal scowl on his thirty-one-year-old face. That's disturbing. I don't know what would cost that man to smile once in a while. I never saw him smile."

"For real, Lizzie. Your hormones are too strong for my taste. If I was in your place, he would have had me in one go. The way he lifts his eyebrow towards the media is always a classic signal," Tia comments, following me out of my room.

"Won't deny that. He does have very angry eyebrows."

"Oh, I forgot to ask you." She turns to face me with a strangely serious look on her face as she crosses her arms over her chest. "Why didn't you tell me that our lease has been paid in full? I thought it would be months before that happens. Now I owe you."