Steve, I love you

"Guys I'm getting us something to drink before the next round okay? Who wants what?" Nancy said to the group. When everyone places their order Steve got up to help her carry the drinks.
They stood awkwardly at the bar while the barman was taking his time for the order.
"How are you Nance?"
"Great. I am great. Things are great." She answered as if she was trying to make herself believe nothing was wrong.
Steve just looked at her, not believing her for a second. "Everything should be great, right?" She asked Steve who just looked at her, waiting for her to tell him what was bothering her.
"Jonathan and I..." she hesitated "do you know why he's not here?" She asked.
"Yeah, him and argyle had plans."
"No, that's not the reason ... well partly it is." She took a deep breath "we broke up, Steve." She looked up at Steve, lips resting and slightly showing her teeth. Steve was surprised, he thought they would stay together for ever or something. Nancy saw his confused look "You don't understand do you?" Steve shook his head. "Steve..." she looked him in his eyes, she wanted him to kiss her and tell her how happy he was she choose him instead of Jonathan but he didn't.

"Steve, I broke it off because I'm in love with someone else. Jonathan, he kept lying." She frowned "the guy I'm in love with... I treated him poorly in the past, he didn't deserve that." She smiled at Steve and looked at him with her big eyes "I'm sorry I said we were bullshit and that I didn't love you. Cause I do..." Steve still didn't do anything, he just stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. "Steve, I love you." Nancy put her hand on his arm.
"Nance" Steve whispered, he didn't know what to do. This wasn't supposed to happen.
"Nance" he said again. Then he saw Eddie in the corner of his eyes. Eddie was enthusiastically talking to Dustin and hugged his buddy. He looked so happy, it warmed Steve's heart and that's when he knew what to do.
"Nance, I'm not in love with you anymore." He said quietly, his guilt building up because he was hurting someone he still loved. He was just no longer IN love with her.
Nancys vision got blurry but she resisted the urge to cry, she didn't know what to do. She had never been rejected like this and didn't like the way it hurt. She lifted her chin and pulled her shoulders back. She turned to the bar (where the bartender had put the drinks) she took as much as she could, leaving two drinks behind, and walked back to the rest of the group.
"Who asked for coke?"

Steve came behind, his mood a lot sadder than before, in his hands the two drinks Nancy couldn't carry.
"So you have my beer Harrington!" Eddie said happy while making his way towards Steve. He felt how sad Steve was and he didn't like it one bit. Eddie took his beer from Steve's hand, their fingers touching. Steve looked up at the feeling of electricity running from his finger to his heart. Eddie grinned to himself 'he felt it too' He chugged the beer down and shouted a little "Woooooooohooooo!" Throwing his head back.
Then Eddie looked back at Steve who was already feeling a little better.
"I'm signing up for the next round, you in big boy?"
"Nah, I'm good Munson."
"I bet you're scared of loosing to me."
"Oh so just cause you became second I third you think I wouldn't win this round?" Eddie had triggered Steve's competitive side.
"Ha this time I'm winning Stevie. I'll beat you and I'll beat Dustin and I'll beat everyone here!" Eddie said cocky. Eddie actually wasn't that competitive but he knew Steve was and he knew this would lighten up Steve's mood.
"Is that a challenge Munson? Are you challenging ME?" Steve pointed at himself tilting his head a bit and frowning. Eddie loved this part of Steve, the part where he gets extremely cocky.
"Maybe I am Harrington. So you in or not?"
"Sure, but the loser has to spend the entire day babysitting Erica while Lucas is with Max in the hospital." This bet had a lot at stake, neither of them where looking forward to be spending that much time alone with Erica Sinclair.
Eddie hesitated and Steve took that opportunity "You scared Munson?" He grinned
"No" Eddies voice was a bit squeaky "im in, one more thing... the loser has to do whatever the winner wants." he said, he was sure he would win. Then he turned around winking at Steve before signing them up for the next round.