Chapter 2

"C'mon Quinn! Wake up, we're gonna be late!!" Luke shakes me until I get up.

"What..time..is it?" I pick up my phone and see that it's 7:30. That's 30 minutes before school starts! I've never hopped out of bed so fast. "My alarm didn't go off?!" He leaves the room so I can change. I quickly put on a random tank top I found on my dresser and threw on some sweatpants. I ran to the bathroom to get myself ready to go. I'm not doing all that extra makeup stuff today, the school is 15 minutes away and I don't have enough time.

I grab my shoes, sweatshirt, and backpack and head out the door to my brother's car. I don't have my license yet, and even if I did, I'd most likely still ride with him. On the way to school, I freshened my hair, did a little mascara, and put lip plumper on.

When I got to class, everyone was whispering about something. Jaleigha sat next to me and caught me up on everything. "Girl. Apparently, a new kid is joining our class today. No one's seen him but the people who have said he's so hot. Maybe you can finally get your sum."

"Ja, I'm not even that attractive. Do you think I'll be able to bag the new kid? Where is he anyway?"

The teacher interrupted everyone's conversation. "Excuse me, class! I'd like to introduce the new student looking at our class today. Skyler Caddel-"  Suddenly, a tall guy with medium-length hair walks in and makes eye contact with me.

"Holy. Shit." I accidentally said something a little too loud. 

"Quinn!" The teacher yelled at me. "No cussing in class! Treat the new student with respect! I'm sorry Skyler, she has no filter sometimes."

He laughed as he stood in front of the class. "No, it's fine. Quinn can be...really difficult sometimes, huh?" He smirked and never broke eye contact as he walked towards the empty desk beside  me.

Jaleigha looked at me with wide eyes and then elbowed me. "Wtf, you know him?! Is he your ex or something?!" I could hear what she was saying but I wasn't listening. I was sitting there so deep in thought that I didn't even realize Skyler had already made it next to  me and settled into his chair.

"Pay attention to directions, Princess." He whispered in my ear, making me jump.

"Get out of my fucking ear, Skyler!"

"Quinn! Take a break in the hallway, you know we're not supposed to talk in class." I rolled my eyes and made my way out of the classroom. What is wrong with me? I should be able to tolerate him by now. I went to the cafeteria, got a coffee, and started walking back to class. On the way there, I bumped into someone and spilled my coffee.  

"Shit!" He hissed.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Caleb! I didn't see you there." I quickly started trying to dry his shirt with the napkins I had in hand. His shirt was white so there was no way that stain was coming out no matter how hard I tried.

"Hey, hey calm down, it's fine." He smiled at me. "I don't have another shirt so why don't you just give me your sweatshirt for now yeah?"

I was a bit hesitant but I only wear oversized sweatshirts so of course he'd be able to fit it and it wasn't girly-looking so it didn't matter. "Oh, yeah sure here you go. Again I'm so sorry it was an accid-"

He took off his shirt and put it in his book bag. Caleb was now shirtless in the middle of our school's hallway. We were the only ones here and it wasn't like I was gonna snitch. His abs and muscles were so fascinating I didn't even realize I was staring.

"Quinn, you're staring." He laughed as he put my navy blue hoodie on.

"Oh- I'm sorry." My face started to heat up in embarrassment.