30 - The Soy Sauce Sabotage

Start from the beginning

Me and Jon ran up to our rooms, leaving a fuming Damian to clean up what was left a mess. Seems like Jon was here so often, he got a room all to himself. And guess what? His room was only down the hall from mine.

I rushed to take a shower, shoving myself into a simple skirt and a crop top. I ran down the stairs to find that I was the only person there, apart from Stephanie, who sat in the middle of the room, boasting about coming first.

The Waynes joined us soon, Alya being the first to reach in the gang, and Chloe being last. I was busy chatting with Chloe when the bell rang. That must be Alfred. Right after this, Damian and Jon came running down the stairs with messy hair and clothes.

Now, what exactly were they doing?

The duo came to stand behind me, Jon panting in silence. Damian's hair was still wet and black, as he tried to style it with his hands and failing badly. I stifled a laughter, which the brunette noticed, glaring at me.

Alfred and Selena soon walked inside the dining hall, smiles on their faces. Jason and Stephanie walked by their sides, wishing them praise. I rolled by eyes, almost in sync with Damian and Jon.

Alfred and Selena paused dramatically in front of the table, acting professional as they hid their true emotions. I was sure they were imitating Master Chef Gotham. Our dishes were allotted numbers for no biasing.

We were practically kicked out of the dining room during judgment, to which everyone resorted to lazing about the living room. Dick had just laid down on the couch when he had received a call, making him excuse himself and leave.

The ravenette walked back into the room a few minutes later, visibly sulking. "What happened?" Tim had the pity to ask, as the man let out a whine. "Kori isn't coming. They have something to do." he said, side-eyeing the other Waynes.

The Waynes nodded in unison.

I had the decency to understand that his wife must have had some 'vigilante' emergency, and it was because of that they couldn't come, but it was funny to see how he explained it.

Alfred and Selena walked in just then.

In the next 2 minutes, I realized that Alfred was scary. Even if Selena kept smirking now and then, he kept a poker face all throughout the time I saw him. Not a single ounce of emotion to give his thoughts away.

Even Batman needs a lesson from Alfred.

The two stood in the middle of the room as the rest straightened their back in tension. Alfred cleared his throat, grabbing all attention. "After a long and hard evaluation, we have decided the winners." said Alfred, professionally.

"And the losers." added Selena, visibly holding in her laugh. The short-haired woman looked absolutely amused with the current situation.

"The third place goes to... TEAM 5!" said Alfred, smiling. Chloe and Luka jumped up in joy and hugged each other. Groans were heard from the people who'd at least expected 3rd place.

Stephanie, Tim and Jason had lost all hope by now. You could see the tears in Tim's eyes. Dick had explained to me earlier in the day how Tim was the last for the past 2 years, due to his undeniably bad cooking skills.

"Second place goes to... TEAM 1." screamed Selena happily. I was guessing, from her reaction, that this was probably her favorite of the bunch.

"HOLY SHIT!-!" "YEAH!" shouted Jason and Stephanie, brimming with joy. They ran around the room, boasting greatly to those who had accepted they had no chance for 1st place, namely Alya and Nino.

"First place goes to... TEAM 3!" said Alfred, with a knowing smile. "... who's Team 3?" asked Tim, confused. The room stood in silence as the inhabitants looked around in confusion.

A cackle sounded from a corner.

"THAT'S MY TEAM YOU MONGRELS!" shouted Damian, cackling loudly. The brunette stood up in happiness. Me and Jon jumped up, pumping our fists in the air. Jon and I hugged each other, dragging a reluctant Damian into it.

"IN YOUR FACE!" Damian shouted at Jason, who had forgotten about his victory and was shell- shocked at Damian's win. As much as Jason had won over the rest of them, Damian had still beaten Jason.

"OH THAT'S NOT FAIR-"

"THAT'S THE FOURTH TIME IN A ROW-"

"ALFRED WHY?!"

The whole family whined at the decision. I laughed out loud; this was one competitive family. Jason stood in shock as the duo continued with their announcements. Selena laughed evilly and turned to Alfred with a smirk.

"And now for the losers-" Alfred started.

"OH COME ON, ALFRED." shouted Tim, already accepting his failure. The half-dead-zombie-looking-guy had sat down with a huff, crossing his arms and pouting at his soon to be failure.

"The last place goes to... TEAM 4."

Gasps filled the air. Shock settled down in the room as Tim came to the slow realization that his team wasn't Team 4. But everyone knew who Team 4 was. The team who's member had caused the most chaos today.

It was Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne's team.

"OH MY GOD!"

"FOR REAL?"

"HOLY SHIT!"

"BWAHAHA BRUCE CAME LAST!"

"YES! I'M NOT LAST!"

The last one was Tim's, as he smiled happily, jumping around. It was the most I had seen the ravenette move. I heard a thud, turning around only to see that Dick had tripped over thin air to fall face first onto the ground.

Bruce just sat on the couch, jaw wide open.

It was chaos. Utter chaos and disbelief. Screams filled the room, some joyous and some filled with regret. "Shut up!" Selena screamed, making the room go silent. The Waynes then began to whisper among each other.

"I can't believe it was yours, baby." Selena said, walking towards Bruce. Damian fake-gagged at the nickname, at which I giggled. Bruce smiled at his girlfriend apologetically.

"Master Bruce, there was something I noticed." Alfred said, taking a seat. "Oh! Me too." said Selena, sitting down by Bruce's side. The oldest Wayne turned to her in confusion. "What is it?" he asked.

"Why was there soy sauce in your pancakes?"

Selena's question had left everyone confused. "What do you mean?" Bruce asked, shocked. "There was soy sauce." Selena nodded. "No one could mistake the taste of soy sauce." Alfred added.

"Soy sauce? I didn't even take it out. Why would there be soy sauce?" asked Dick, confused. "I mean, unless someone else did-" started Jason, but was very rudely interrupted.

"DAMIAN, YOU ASSHOLE!"

Damian cackled again.

.......

[Q.] How come Alfred knows everything?