𝐈𝐗

└────── ☁️ ──────┘|↠ C h a p t e r 9 - Fifty Hours ✘ In A ✘ Boring Room ↞

└────── ☁️ ──────┘
|
↠ C h a p t e r 9 -
Fifty Hours ✘ In A ✘ Boring Room ↞

𝖶𝗈𝗋𝖽 𝖢𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍 | 1729

Now having to sit in a room for fifty hours, the boy could catch up on his sleeping! His h/c locks fell into his eyes as he stared at the corner of the room. His once empty mind was filled with regret and embarrassment. He looked back at Gon and Killua, testing out the skateboard. Normally, he would be sitting right next to them, staring at them in amazement. Except... he felt as he didn't deserve it.

His eyes strayed over to Kurapika who was invested in a supposedly good book. He would like to sit next to him and just stare at the words, assuming for how smart the blonde male was — the words would be too big for him to comprehend. Yet... He felt he didn't deserve it.

His torso turned to get a good look at Leorio and Tonpa arguing about how they have lost fifty hours. He would join in and growl at Tonpa, possibly get a good bite in. Although... well, you've got the gist. He felt as if he didn't deserve it. His body swiveled back to the corner, a large inhale entering his nose before exhaling around his muzzle.

They had all saw him lose his cool. They all saw his nails grow and his eyes dilate. They watched as he... well, it's something he doesn't want to relive, except it keeps replaying in his mind. Not only that, the experience he was forced to witness during his toddler ages. His empty head was now swirling a storm of regrets and woes. He was unable to sleep.

"Y/N. Would you like to read this book with me?" Kurapika called, leaning back on a pillow.

The e/c eyed boy looked at the blonde before hesitating then shaking his head. He then retrieved to his original state, staring at the wall. Kurapika stared for a moment before getting up and sitting next to him. "It's nothing to worry about, Y/N. Killua had done almost the same thing and he's with Gon." He spoke, his voice lowered as he glanced at the two boys.

The two sat in silent, almost as if Kurapika was waiting for a response. "What did he mean when he said he almost killed you all? Did he kill your family?" That word. Family. His family was not only... his mother, father, brother. It was the fisher, the blacksmith, the clothing designer of the town. They were his family. All gone. "I'm assuming your wide eyed expression is a yes." Kurapika mumbled, wiping a small tear that had escaped his teary eye.

A gentle sniffle left the boy's lips as he looked at Kurapika. "I know that feeling, but I promise it'll get better." A small smile crossed his lips, actually lifting the boy's spirits. "Now, would you like to read a book with me?" Y/N nodded and scrambled back to the spot Kurapika once sat. The blonde actually stood up and walked over before sitting down. He grabbed a... fair sized book and opened it up. One look at the page and Y/N's brain dulled. Too many words, they were all merging together.