Chapter 25: See you

Começar do início

'Can't wait to see you.'

'Looking forward to seeing you.'

Jungkook typed and deleted several times before he decided to text something vague, but the goddamn finger just acted up pressing the heart emoji. Well, that blue heart emoji is what Jungkook has been wanting to send to Jimin for a while ever since they've been texting and calling, but he stopped himself every time.

This time is different. Being on flight itself is risky, and stupid over thinking Jeon Jungkook came out from nowhere. Jungkook actually thought if anything happens, he wouldn't get to express his feelings to Ji- what? Feelings? What feelings? Jimin is his best friend, and it has to stay that way.

Therefore, Jungkook really hopes that the blue heart emoji won't ruin it. Not wanting to lose his best friend anymore, Jungkook can't and won't bear not having Jimin in his life anymore. Hoping that Jimin doesn't take it as anything more than a friendly text. Jungkook doesn't want to be someone that gives Jimin hope and ruins that friendship again. The last thing he wants to happen is for Jimin to cut him out of his life to get over him, but Jimin is over him right? Jimin doesn't feel like a friend anymore, right?

Jungkook could put his mind to rest for a little before his mind seems to act up again with another set of thoughts and feelings.

Get over him? Jimin is over him. Jimin doesn't have feelings for him anymore.

Tossing and turning, the new set of thoughts are irritating. They go as far as Jimin flirting with someone else. How can Jungkook sleep with the image of those plump lips being kissed by somebody other than him. The picture of those cute perky asses being revealed in someone else's eyes, naked. Did all that already happen? It's possible. It's not like they talk to each other about their dating life, recently. The topic is sensitive.

Pain. It's painful. It's the pain he will force himself to swallow if he wants to have Jimin as his best friend. Best friend forever.

The night went extremely slow for Jungkook as well as his day. Dark circles are obvious under his eyes during breakfast. The grumpy prince might as well get his new nickname as panda prince at work. Tapping his feet all day long, thinking about the moment he would meet Jimin the first time in a while. Didn't want to be late, but Jungkook couldn't just leave his work and run to Park's house. Cursing over the documents, Jungkook has to finish concluding for tomorrow's meeting. It's not going to be done in two hours, but that hot pot party started an hour ago while Jungkook was still stuck in the office.

Walking out from the office before they're done, Jungkook decided that he's willing to lose sleep tonight bringing work to finish back home like never before. The office people looked at him weird on his way out since Jungkook never takes work home. It's not like Jungkook can bring himself to focus if he decided to stay and finish everything. Jimin will be in Seoul for a month. There will be other times he can meet up with Jimin, but he wants to see Jimin tonight. He doesn't want to wait anymore.

And the wait is over. Driving a little faster than the speed limit, Jungkook can't care right now, hoping the Park family doesn't leave the house yet. Checking himself on the car mirror once again, Jungkook wants to look good in front of Jimin.

Walking fast from the car to the house, Jungkook punches in the codes to get into the Park house. Once he gets in the house, nothing. Faded smell of food tells Jungkook that the party is over. Rolling his eyes, tugging his hair, Jungkook curses his work so much, but then he hears people laughing from the private living room. The one that's not for guests.

"Hello." Jungkook greets everyone in the room. His eyes are not gazing at the parents. He's only looking for Jimin who's not there.

"Jungkook-ah!" Yuna, Jimin's mom, calls out to him. "Oh my, it's not even a year, and you've grown so much."