DIALOGUE

SERRAH

"Louise, by the way, you will go to Malakanyang with Stan for the dialogue with the president."

"Huh? I thought Stan and Gary are going?"

"Gary is in the hospital. Emergency apendectomy. "

"Dad? Why not..."

"It's just the president you are going to see. Besides he will be asking us a favor. We will not be the ones asking for a favor. Stan will do the ralking unless the president will single you out, which is an impossible thing to happen. He is a busy man so he will talk to all of you in general. You afraid of him?"

"Me? No. Why will I be afraid of Luke Rosello?"

"That's my girl. The possibility of him picking you up in that crowd will be because of you are beautiful anak. Babaero ang presidente natin. Mula mahing presidente siya, iba't ibang babae na idinedate niyan. Sabagay sabi nila kahit nung hindi pa presidente, notorious na sa babae." 

"Honey, guapo naman kaya talaga si Atty Rosello. Kahit nung bata pa yan nakikita ko siya na nahpopolo daming girls nakapaligid. He will smile at them but will not be seen out with any of them. Sabi ng mga kaklase ko he dates but he does not take girls seriously."

"So when you were younger you liked him too,hmm?"

"Nooooh he's ten years younger than I am. Ano ka ba! Besides you were already my boyfriend then."

And my parents talked about Luke and his choices of girls. If they only know.

So  I went with Stan to Malakanyang. One secretary came with us. Stan has been asking me for a date but I always turn him down. Right now in the office he is the hunk, the idil, the star. He is a lawyer too, Harvard bred the apple of the eye of every single woman at the office. Does not talk to them except when he asks for paper clips, folders. Fasteners, etc hahaha. He hangs out at my office when i'm at there. People know that he likes me and Indon't like him back. Hahaha

There is nothing wrong with him. He is handsome. Kaso, I am not interested eh. Indon't want to fall in love.  Not now. I still have so many things to do. Like what, Louise?

"Stan, what is the dialogue with him would be!"

"I'm not sure. With the past president, before we went we were already briefed of what he wanted to talk about. This one, we were told that he wanted to have a dialogue with the biggest companies in the coubtry. Mukhabg hihingi lang siya ng pabor or may ipapagawa sa atin."

"Hihingi ng pera sa atin parang si Senator Whatshisname?"

"Oo. Corrupt naman kasi talaga yun. Ang reputasyon naman nitong bagong presidente, straight to the point magsalita walang palivuy ligoy. At hindi corrupt."

"Hindi pa."

"Oo nga. Hindi pa."

"Did you vote for him?"

"Nope. Did you?"

" i was in Brazl during the elections"

"Ay oo nga pala you attended the wedding of your brother."

"Sister. Hahahha."

"Sorry naman. So you will be the one talking at baka mabara ko lang ang presidenteng yan pag hihingi siya. Hahaha"

"Hahahaha, baliw."

LUKE

Pagpasok konpa pang sa plenary hall nakita ko na siya. She looked at me blankly. I smiled kaso di siya ngumiti. Ah okay you want to act innocently ha. Kunwari di mo ako kilala? Hmmm i wonder who she is with?

"Ladies and gentlemen, the president of the Philippines, President Fernando Raemond Luke Rosello."

I am meeting with the presidents and representatives of companies that could help in the rising inflation.

"Hello, guys.  Good morning.  I apologize for being a little late.  You all know I had to receive our fallen soldiers killed in an ambush in Capiz. And I apologize for keeping you waiting.

First of all, I want to thank the CEOs from some of The Philippines leading companies, from technology to financial services, to travel and retail.  And we'll hear about outlook for their businesses in the economy, from their perspective, and how we transition from a historic economic recovery to a stable, steady growth and lower inflation, without letting go of all the historic gains we've made over the seven months."

Hoy Luke huwag siya lang ang tinitignan mo. Tingin ka din sa iba. Eh tong batang to di man lang tunitingin sa akin. Yung laptop lag niya ang tinitignan niya. Sino naman yang lalaking kasama niya na bulong ng bulong. Boyfriend niya? Manliligaw? Colleague?

"May we hear from you , Mr. Jacinto? How is the banking stability of our country with your bank records tell you about the financial health? "

"Mr. President, thank you for inviting us. We ....."

"So meaning mas madaming gastos ngauon kaysa nung nakaraang tatlong buwan?"

"Parang ganun na nga, Mr President."

"Masama ba ito?"

"Actually sir, maganda ito kasi ibig sabihin nun mas mataas ang balance nila sa banko kaysa last year of nung March this year."

"Hmmm that's good then.  Salamat MrJacinto. Brian. I really do appreciate your presence— and thanks for always being available for your input.  I appreciate it a great deal. How about ... Atty Stan Lardizabal? New CEO? Or representative? "

"Representative and the CMO of Jimenez Group of Companies sir, for Hotel and Resort business of JGC
With me, Mr president is the Chief Financial Officer of JGC Malls and Stores, Atty Rowen Jimenez who is at the other side of the room. And also the CFO of JGC Airline and Travels which includes land, air and water travel, sir. Atty Louise Jimenez."

It's — Louise— (laughs) — the travel and hospitality industry. If you don't mind Arty Lardizabal, I am really interested with travels.... Has it recovered or  recovering?

And what would — how would you describe the industry today?  And how do you see the path of demand through the end of the year?

I know that's — you can't know — nothing is guaranteed, but what do you think, Atty....aaahh....hmmm Jimenez?"

Oh ano mapipilitan kang makipag usap sa akin ngayon no, Serrah?  So ganyan ka pala makipag usap pag business ang usapan. Parang last week lang ka video call kita. Shit, Luke mag concentrate ka nga
Baka napansin ka nila na pinagnananasaan mo bisita mo.  Matawagan nga to mamaya.

Author: please vote and comment. Thank you