MARTIAL LAW

LUKE

The SND (Secretary of National Defense) the Chief of Staff, the DILG secretary and the top brass of the Military from the different major branches of service (Army, Navy and Air Force) are all here at 3 am. There have been a couple of bombing incident in Makati and Taguig. The PSG have escorted me to Malakanyang immediately after the second bombing. The incidents happened at 2 in the morning. Good thing that curfew of 1 am is still enforced making the streets unpopulated. Thus the bombings did not hurt anyone except for the destruction of some establishments.

The terrorists have been threatening this administration of unrest if I sign the agreement between Japan, USA, SoKor, and the Philippines for a joint military exercise in the city. Ganun naman talaga ang mag teroristang grupo. Makikipaglaban sa gobyerno pag natatalo na sila, makikipag peacetalk. Kaso tong mga heneral na kaysap ko ngayon ayaw nilang makipag peace talk sa kanila.

We were in the middle of the meeting when another bomb went off. This time near my home. So the defense secretary told me that I need to declare martial law in Luzon.

Under the current Philippine Constitution of the Philippines, the President, as head of state and commander in chief of the armed forces, may declare Martial Law "in case of invasion or rebellion, when the public safety requires it." Most countries use a different legal construct like "state of emergency". (Google)

Article VII, Section 18 of the 1987 Constitution empowers the President of the Republic to declare martial law for a period not exceeding 60 days in cases of rebellion and invasion, when public safety requires it. (Philippine Constitution of 1987)

My advisers were present, the Senate President and the House speaker were there when the law was drawn. I went on National television and announced Martial Law in Luzon.

I knew that people are afraid but they are also condemning me now for declaring Martial Law.
It accompanies curfews, the suspension of civil law, civil rights, habeas corpus, and the application or extension of military law or military justice to civilians. It is now the military and the police who makes the law but will still be approved by me being their Commander-in-Chief.

Today I also had to declare a lock down in the whole NCR for seven days. Basic goods such as rice, groceries and medical needs were packed and distributed by the military and the police. This way, it will prevent movement in the city.

At lunch time while I took a quick shower, a bomb went off in Rizal killing three people. Lock down was also implemented in CALABARZON.
Putanginang mga rebelde to. Talagang sinusubukan ako.

I called her to ask where she is at.

SERRAH

"Hello?"

"Serrah? Where are you!"

"In Taytay."

"Go home to your parents. It's safer there."

"They are in the US right now. I was told they can not fly in when there's lock down. So I can stay here. The bombing was not near my place anyway."

"Stay in your house then. Do you have food?"

"Yes we have. Tapos the police came and gave extra. I told them to give to the others na lang kasi we have enough but they insisted na everyone should be given daw."

"Hehehe ganun talaga."

"You seemed tired."

"No choice. Been up since 3 am. Kakaligo ko lang eh."

"I saw you on tv. You look good in shirt."

"Why were you not wearing a military uniform?"

"Di naman kailangan yun eh."

"I wanna see you in a military uniform sana."

"Pag mahal na kita."

"Hay naku naman alam ko naman na di mo ko mamahalin eh."

"Hahahhaa bakit umaasa ka?"

"Hindi."

"See. Ako nga alam ko din na di mo ako mamahalin eh."

"Hahahhaa it's lust baby, it's lust."

"Yan gusto ko sa iyo. You don't take things seriously. By the way, pano na lock down naman. I was thinking I will see you tonight eh."

"Ikaw kasi ni lock down mo."

"Kailangan eh. Anyway, kaiangan ko na bimalik sa trabaho. Daming gagawin ngayon"

"Okay, Mr President. Just think anout me naked hahahaha"

"Anong naked eh di ko naman nakita lahat hahahaha."

"Nahawakan mo naman lahat."

"Shit. Ayan tuloy nanigas na siya. Loko ka talaga Serrah Jimenez pano pa ako pupunta dun haharin mga heneral?"

" Hahahaha. Bye Mr President."

And I put down the phone on him despite his protests. Mamaya Mr President. Mamaya.

AUTHOR: Please vote and comment

Sunday kahapon kaya no uodates. Mabait akonpag Sunday.

Mr. Presidentजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें