"Luis is a friend,"

"Totally," Camila turned on the stove and poured a bit of oil into the pan. "Like... A friend friend? Or like us, friends?"

"A friend friend," Lauren couldn't resist the smile coming onto her face. "One would say you're jealous, y'know?"

"Don't be ridiculous,"

"I'm being honest. If Luis getting brought up is what pulls you out of your shell, I'll talk about him all night."

Camila sliced the garlic in half rather abruptly and aggressively. "No, you won't,"

"Are you calling my bluff?"

"I listened to a lot of Britney when I moved here," Camila changed the subject.

"Britney Spears?" Lauren blinked at her in surprise.

"You always would listen to her while you were showering and... I wanted to feel like you were here with me. So, I played Britney Spears every time I showered."

Lauren placed the pot on the stove and laughed in delight. "We're talking about your jealous tendencies and you're thinking of Britney Spears?"

Once the sauce was poured into the saucepan, Camila lowered the temperature to a simmer and held her hand out in Lauren's direction. "Dance with me,"

"You don't dance,"

"I've learned a thing or two since I got over here," she grew impatient and pulled Lauren into her arms, their bodies molding together perfectly.

Bright, gentle emerald eyes gazed at Camila—her cheeks were a rosy pink. "I wish you'd come back to me,"

"Haven't you ever heard of the saying, 'good things come to those who wait'?" Camila swayed their bodies side to side. "Maybe Santa will give you a special present for Christmas,"

"Ugh, tell Santa I said I'm getting sick of waiting. I'm not going to be this young forever."

"Santa says you're a brat. You were much sweeter and more patient in the letters you wrote me. What happened to that?"

Lauren embarrassingly buried her face in Camila's neck. "I was being deprived of you in those letters. Now, you're in front of me dancing while your marinara sauce is bubbling behind you. I meant what I said on the phone, you know that, right?"

"You were drunk,"

"Okay, maybe a little bit, but that doesn't change anything."

"Do you remember junior year homecoming? You made me leave my date in the middle of that one Ed Sheeran song because you didn't like the way she stepped on my toes." Camila laughed, shaking her head. "We spent the rest of the dance in my car making out,"

"Then you—"

"Gave you a hickey right here," she pressed her thumb gently against the column of Lauren's neck. "I never heard your mom freak out like that before. I thought she was going to lock you away in some room forever."

Lauren let out a quiet gasp, her heart thundering against her rib cage. "You would've been the perfect knight in shining armor at least,"

"I knew since that night I wanted to be with you forever. Even though your mom was batshit crazy and threatened to throw all your stuff out on the street, you didn't even think about ratting me out. I thought, 'I really hit the fucking jackpot'. I meant what I said on the phone that night too." Camila brushed her lips against Lauren's jaw.

Instinctively, she tilted her head back, giving Camila more access. "Camz..." Lauren sighed blissfully, letting the dark-haired woman take her sweet time planting feather-like kisses all over her face.