help a writer out :)

alright, sorry this isn't the newest chapter to Do Opposites Attract..... BUT that will be coming very soon.
i actually have a favor to ask of you lovely readers. i've been working on a novel and i wanted to get some opinions on if it's something people would actually be interested in. so i'm just going to insert some scenes below. let me know what you guys think :)
pls be kind haha 😂 but you can be honest!

Upon the demise of the Queen Matriarch, the kingdom was divided into five regions for the five destined queens. The eldest daughter, Nola, would take control of the northeast region, where the capital was located. The second eldest, Cambria, would get the southeast counterparts. The middle daughter, Sonja, would obtain the southwest area. The fourth daughter, Amora, would receive ownership of the northwest. And the youngest daughter, Rhysalia, being only eighteen years old would gain the smallest portion of the kingdom, and the coldest; a small portion of northern region with Nola and Amora's kingdom on both sides and the ocean surrounding the rest of her kingdom.
"How is that I am being banished to Arcticus?" Rhysalia complained. "It is a frigid wasteland. A frozen tundra!"
"Because you are the youngest and not entitled to the same size of land as we, your elder sisters, are." Nola explained in her know-it-all voice.
"Right, because that makes perfect sense," Rhysalia rolled her eyes. "I get a tiny kingdom while the rest of you get an equal share."
"It is mother's wishes, we had no part in this decision. We did not even know about it until now, just like you," Cambria, the cool-headed sister, soothed.
"Exactly. Just be grateful you get sovereign over any part of Adentras," Nola smirked, her enjoyment of her sister's distress evident.
A throat clearing reminded the girls of the minister still in the room. "There is another matter I must attend to."
He ruffled through his bag until he found what he was looking for. The gray-bearded man pulled out six envelopes with the Queen's insignia stamped into red wax. Simultaneously counting the envelopes in his hand, the girls exchanged looks.
"Six letters? You don't mean to say that-" Nola began but was interrupted when the door opened and in stepped the princesses half-sister, Gemini.
Nola slumped in her chair and wouldn't even look at Gemini. Cambria remained as steel-faced as ever, simply nodding a greeting to the intruder. Amora and Rhysalia exchanged looks and looked down at their hands.
"Who invited the bas-" Nola sneered.
"Quiet, sister," Cambria ordered. "Come, Gemini, take a seat at the table."

• • • •

"What are you doing in our pantry?" He said quizzically in a strange accent that reminded Rhysalia of Jemma.
"Um..." Rhysalia was at a loss for words.
The boy looked amused. "Um... isn't exactly an answer."
"Right, well, I was just looking for a snack," Rhysalia said, taking a few steps closer into the light.
"Right, well," He said in an almost mocking tone. "The kitchens are closed. Also, don't you know you could lose your hands for stealing from the palace kitchens."
Now, Rhysalia was amused. Of course. She had only met a few of the palace staff so, of course he wouldn't know what she looked like. Even back in Trenton, Rhysalia couldn't name half of the staff but they all knew her. Rhysalia tucked her hair behind her ears and approached the island.
"Somehow, I think I'll be alright. What are you doing here? I thought the kitchen was closed," Rhysalia said in an accusing but playful voice.
This earned a smirk from the boy who was still kneading the dough carefully.
"Yeah, well, the work for a chef is never done. With the arrival of the new queen, they need a lot more food being prepared for all the parties," He answered.
"Sorry it's such an inconvenience to you," Rhysalia said before catching herself. "I mean, sorry you're stuck with more work."
The boy shrugged. "No point in groveling about it. It has to be done."
"Would you like some help?" Rhysalia asked.
The boy hesitated for a second before responding. "Who even are you?"
"I'm... Rhys," Rhysalia responded. "I just arrived here today from Trenton with the queen's entourage."
"Oh," The boy said, looking me up and down. "Are you one of her ladies? I had heard that she had brought someone from home with her but I've been stuck down here most of the day."
"She thought it would be an easier transition to have someone she knew at her side," Rhysalia said carefully, trying to dance around the truth without lying to him. "What's your name?"

• • • •

"Rhysalia!" A voice shouted from somewhere on the other side of the bars. "Rhysalia are you down here?"
Rhysalia's eyes widened and she squeezed Archer's hand tightly. It was Connor. With what energy she had left she coughed loudly to clear her throat.
"We're here!" She croaked.
"Last cell on the right!" Archer yelled before a coughing fit seized him.
"We're coming!" Connor called back, coughing himself.
The smoke started to thin just a little. Rhysalia looked up towards the door. Kai was bending and pushing the smoke out of the cell so they could find the queen and her guard.
Connor scrambled to find the keys. Rhysalia tried to find the strength to say that they had taken the keys with them. But, she couldn't muster the energy. Apparently, it didn't matter. Kai grabbed hold of the lock and a click ensued. He swung the door open and was at Rhysalia's side in seconds.
"Rhys," Kai whispered, scooping her up in his arms. His black hair fell in his concerned eyes as he looked down at her.
"Help, Archer," Rhysalia coughed. "Help him first."
Kai rolled his eyes and stood up, carrying Rhysalia in his strong arms. Connor burst into the cell and, after glancing at Rhysalia, he hurried to Archer's side. He put his arm around Archer and helped him to his feet.