"Thank you," she said.

I don't know what came to me, but i pulled her in an embrace. She cried her eyes out on my shoulder as i pat her small back.

"Now, now, the bad guy is already gone. You don't have to cry, i'm here now." I tried to calm her down, like how i tried to calm down my little sister from before.

The girl fell asleep in my arms, so i carried her to the carriage and get back to the still unconscious kidnapper. After thinking for a moment, i decided to just tie him to a tree.

I'm probably just paranoid, but i thought i saw a figure passed by in my peripheral view. When i looked at it's direction, there's nothing in there, so i just let it go.

For two hours, i stayed with the girl inside the carriage and watch out for other kidnappers, i'm pretty sure, he's not alone, this kid is a princess, as what she said, so a single person wouldn't be able to pull this off.

The girl stirred awake, she opened her swollen eyes and looked around, probably still not remembering what happened earlier.

When her eyes landed on mine, she once again cried and sat up from her seat and hugged me, making me surprise.

"I told you right? The bad guy is gone now, you don't need to cry." I don't know why, but even in my last life, i've always been tolerant of kids more than adults. Maybe because that's how i get back for all the lost time i had with my sister.

"Really?" She childishly asked me, while sniffing.

"Yes, he's tied up there. See?" I pointed towards the man tied up on a tree outside. "He wouldn't be able to hurt you again, i won't let him." I added.

The girl in my arms suddenly move away from the hug and went out the carriage. But before she can walk off, she fell on her side, and i caught her before she landed on the ground.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"My head hurts, and my foot too." She said as she pointed towards her left foot. She's probably injured because of how the man pushed her forcefully, now i hate that man even more.

"Let me see," i said to her and faced my right palm towards her, with my left still supporting her back. A few seconds then, my palm shone bright, as i healed her injuries with my magus. I learned <heal,> from one of the books i read about basic magus spells.

"Ah! I'm alright now, how did you do it? You know magic?" She asked, with her eyes wide open.

"Yes, i do. Now let's go, where are you supposed to go earlier?" I asked as i helped her up.

"Oh, i forgot." She walked towards the tied up man and kicked his shins, yes, shins, she kicked both of them. I only chuckled to myself when i saw it.

"Satisfied?" I asked her with a grin, she can't see it anyway, it was covered by the mask.

"Yes," she said with a childish grin.

I was about to tease her when i felt vibrations on the ground. I looked towards the direction where its coming from, and use my mana to enhance my eyesight making me see things from afar. There are knights on horses and a carriage.

"Looks like your ride is here," i said to the proud girl, still looking at the knights.

"Huh? Who?" The girl stood beside me and looked at where i was looking.

"There's nothing in there," she said, which made me smile.

"I should get going now. Don't leave this place okay?" I told her as i reached for the dagger i always have with me. "Here, if something happens, go inside the carriage and stab the horse's behind with this." I reminded her and put the dagger on her small hand.

"You're leaving?" She reached for my hand as tears are welling in her cute eyes.

"I need to, if they find me here with you, they might capture me too." I told her while wiping the tear that fell on her left cheek. I put my hand on her head and pat it lightly, "don't worry, you're a good girl so you'll be fine."

She looked down and nodded, "i understand," she reached behind her neck and removed the necklace she's been wearing all this time. "Here, you can have this. My mommy said that this is a charm that can keep me safe, i guess this charm is effective, because you came to my rescue." She put the necklace on my hand.

I smiled at her even though i know she wouldn't see it, and turn my back. I ran towards the opposite direction as i heard the horses coming nearer and nearer.

I looked down at the necklace in my hand and closed my fist.

"I guess i should go home now. I'm sure mother is already looking for me." I said as i made my way towards our home.

__________________

Meanwhile

The princess watched the retreating back of her savior and looked at the dagger in her hand. The dagger has an engraving of a letter S, the girl have no idea what that is, as it is different from the letters she know.

While the girl is thinking about the person who saved her, the knights came and and asked if she's alright. They took the man and tied him to a horse.

Her handmaiden came down from the carriage and helped her to go inside.

As the carriage is going out of the forest, the girl asked her handmaiden.

"Was i really a bad girl, lady Kelly?" The princess asked, making the handmaiden fall on her knees.

"Princess, i'm so sorry that i can't serve you properly, i deserved death." The woman pleaded while tears are flowing down her cheeks, she already knows that she's dead.

"I'm sorry," she quietly said, making the kneeling woman stop her pleading.

"P- princess?" She stuttered, confused as this is the first time her lady said sorry.

The little girl looked at the kneeling lady and said, "i'm sorry if i've been a very bad girl. From now on, i want to become better. I want to become someone, everyone will thank, and be proud of. I want to become a good girl." The little girl told the lady as she looked at the dagger in her hand once again, remembering the silver eyes of her hero.

The handmaiden only had her eyes wide and mouth open, hearing the haughty princess' words.

After that incident, the once haughty princess seemed to mature a lot. Everyone in the palace are surprised with it, but they are thankful that their hateful princess became polite and likable.

A new legend was spread around the palace, saying that the princess is saved by a fairy making her kind.