She bites her lip, enjoying my reaction as she removes her shirt tossing it away. I clear my throat.

“Natasha, seriously, this is not a good idea and—”

"It's the best idea in the world!" She starts to open my shirt and I take her hands. Half terrified, half excited. Very screwed.

“We have to stop now.

She laughs, leaning in.

"I love it when you talk in that badass CEO tone to me!" She kisses my neck and I let out an involuntary moan when I feel her hips moving on top of mine and it's impossible to keep my body from betraying me.

Mercy, I'm just a man trying to keep what little grip he has left over a life turned upside down!

With a growl, I grab her and flip her over on the mattress, pinning her hands above her head.

- That! - she moans not understanding that my movement is not of "I'm going to fuck you now", but of "enough of this madness". "Looks like you haven't forgotten that I like it when things get violent..."

- What?

Before she answers, a child's cry is heard and Natasha sighs, pushing me away.

- Penelope! She grumbles getting up. - Do not leave! She points at me before leaving the room.

I stand there, more lost than ever, tryI'm not going to tell my dick exactly why we can't fuck Natasha Romanoff, I mean Natasha Rogers. Hell!

“I'm in control,” I tell myself again.

Natasha might be a hottie, I might be tempted to understand that that's possibly why I couldn't resist, but whatever the old Steve—the one who got involved with Natasha that I don't know—has done, I don't condone it. that.

I need control. I need to be in control of my life. And that has nothing to do with being married to a crazy woman with violent tendencies who is an employee on top of that, Jesus Christ!

I still can't understand how I could have been so careless and how I got by with shareholders who certainly couldn't have liked the CEO getting involved with one of their employees. Maybe I should wait for Natasha to come back and question exactly how that story started, so maybe I can understand how I'd gone from being a career-focused CEO and nothing more to a family man.

But when I hear Natasha's footsteps approaching, I roll up like a virgin boy and tuck myself under the covers, I close my eyes.

— Steve?

I hear Natasha calling to me, but I pretend to sleep. She approaches and shakes me lightly.

"Steve, did you sleep?"

I keep pretending until she sighs dejectedly and gives up.

I almost breathe a sigh of relief when she disappears into the bathroom and when she returns I don't even dare to move as I hear her lie down beside me and turn out the light.

Before long she is snoring and I finally open my eyes, spying her sleeping figure. She wears satin winter pajamas and that's a relief. It was already hard to resist with her dressed imagine if she showed up with a sexy nightgown or something.

Finally I relax after that endless day and close my eyes again, trying to sleep.

And I'm almost asleep when something wakes me up.

Confused, I open my eyes and am startled to see a small figure standing beside the bed with his face very close to mine.

For a moment, I think I'm in some horror movie, like the one with the killer doll. And I have to say, the kid could even pass for Chucky in my current sleepy state.

— Hi papa.

Oh my.

Damn, what a fright!

My heart is racing and I'm sure that's exactly what horror movies are made of.

The little girl, Penelope, starts talking and gesturing with her hand and I don't understand a thing.

"Sorry, I don't understand you..." I mumble dumbfounded as she continues to speak.

What the hell kind of language is that? Is it normal?

I look at Natasha, thinking about waking her up, but before I can decide what to do, Penelope jumps on the bed and lays next to me. I don't even dare move, again in shock as the child snuggles against me looking overjoyed.

What do I do? What do I do? I stand there, still and barely breathing, wondering if she's going to get up and go to her room. In a few seconds, however, I hear her peaceful snoring, denouncing that she has fallen asleep.

Should I get up and carry her to the crib? Do you agree Natasha? But what if I wake up Natasha and she attacks me again? There's a limit to what a mindless man can take, after all. What if I get up and take the little girl to her crib and she wakes up and starts talking in that bizarre language again that sounds like something out of a satanic ritual?

I can relax, not completely, given the circumstances, not knowing what to do.

I spy the baby sleeping. She is very pretty. She has a sweet baby smell and so, asleep, she looks helpless. But I do know that she is Natasha's daughter and probably already knows the names of all the lethal poisons and must terrify her classmates at daycare.

“She's her daughter too,” a haunted voice whispers inside me. If I begot this creature, how did I forget that too? So this is my life now? I'm still scared and I don't know what to do. How can I get used to this new reality?

Before I fall asleep I hope to wake up tomorrow remembering who I am now.

Or if this is a crazy dream, let me wake up from it.