Chapter 4

-Sky's POV-

"So you're saying this Winters dude is immortal?" I asked as Mikey rubs his face looking at me, the rest stared at me in surprise. "That's exactly what I'm saying" April confirms my statement as true as I just nod. I get up slowly, all the brothers surround me to make sure I'm okay. "Boys, I'm fine" Muttering to myself as I swat their hands away. "I'm not some glass doll." I exclaim getting frustrated with them. I stretch and yawn. I look at everyone and decide to walk towards the fire escape. "And where are you going?" I turned to look at Leo, he crossed his arms. "I was under the impression that I should head to the lair," I answered back, he looked at me surprised. "Why would you do that?" Donnie looks up from the table he was sitting at. I looked away silently and climbed up the fire escape. I reach the roof and start jumping from roof to roof away from the lair. Why do they always have to control me, if it was Raph they wouldn't surround me and worry all the time. I stop at a roof with a large sign on and sit down on the ledge, watching the street down below.

-flashback-

Chains rattled above me as my wrists felt numb from holding my weight after hours of being caught. My right eye was swollen shut from being punched by Karai. She had metal plates on her gloves when she punched me. Shredder hadn't come in yet, but Karai's last words when I saw her was "Master will see you soon" I shuddered at the thought, my bandana lay shredded up in a pool of blood. My blood to be specific, the mutagen that mutated me and my family was strange. It caused my blood to be green instead of red like the others. My Maroon bandana soaked in the green blood made it look like it was dark brown, nearly black. The door to my cell slams open, two foot soldiers enter following a large shadow. I look up weakly with my good left eye to see the shredder. I struggled with the chains to try to get away.

His steps echoed as he got closer, his hand reaches up with his metal claws and sliced my plastron. My screams filled the cell-

I smack my head trying to erase those memories from that night, it has been two years since then. It's why Leo left in the first place, Sensei sent him away to become a better leader for not only my brothers but for me as well. I lift my hand up to gently touch my scars, Donnie told me a while back that the Plastron doesn't heal very quickly. Since we're mutants it's hard to tell if it'll heal at all. It started to rain, making me look up at the sky. Behind me the red sign was illuminated brightly, I get up and walked over to a nearby shed then opened the door. It was old and broken so the door had completely fallen off. Behind me I heard footsteps, I immediately reached for my katana and positioned myself in case I needed to protect myself. A large figure ran towards the edge of the roof where the red sign was, and turned around. I blinked in surprise, it was Nightwatcher. He wore a black metal suit, it looked hefty on their back.

Another set of footprints could be heard, I turned my head to see Leo. What the shells is going on here, I thought he would be at April's or something. " I want you to know that I appreciate your intentions. But you can't change the world as this" Leo shouts to the man in black, I kneel down behind what is left of the old door to watch what was going on. I'll intervene when I think it's necessary. Leo started to walk back and forth in front of the man in black. "The Road you're on is a dead end. I've tried it" He says, but the man in front of him doesn't seem like he's listening. It's hard to tell when he is wearing a helmet. I looked hard at the man in black and noticed a pair of sais on his waist. My eyes widened in shock, how can I be so stupid? Sleeping during the day, sneaking out at night. April mentioned how Casey plays vigilante at night and told me that he wasn't the nightwatcher. I looked alarmed as I see my two brothers circling each other.

"I'm gonna give you one chance to just walk away and stop this vigilante nonsense" Leo orders Raph, I stand up in the shed concerned. This won't go well at all, for all of us. Raph responded by releasing his chains causing them to clash into the ground. He starts to swing one around waiting for Leo to make the first move. Leo looks at Raph and lifts his hand up in a warning. "Look, trust me when I tell you, you don't wanna do this." Raph took a step forward seeming like he was ready to end this conversation. He runs forward and starts swinging his chain at Leo. The leader in blue ducked and moved away from the chains. "Oh, yeah. Well, I noticed you got quite a temper" Leo pokes at Raph edging him on. Leo backflips to dodge more of the attacks. "Hey, have you ever done this before?" He asks as I lean my head forward out of the shed to watch closely. I'll intervene when it becomes too much. Raph throws both of his chains at Leo who just casually jumps up to the roof's ledge to doge it. "Oh, come on! You call that an attack?" Leo mocked as he calmly jumps away from the ledge and back onto the roof. Raph aims toward Leo again, but Leo quickly jumps around till he was behind him.