Chapter 2

I was over at April's harvesting some of the vegetables, she had just recently come back from her trip. In central America, she made no comment on if she found Leo or not. And I'd rather not know if she did, cause I don't want to be upset. I reached for the gardening hose and started to water the plants, it was early morning. The sun hadn't even started to rise yet, I looked over at the basket of bell peppers and tomatoes. This harvest of vegetables has been good. Footsteps could be heard as someone was walking up the fire escape, I instantly hid since I wasn't sure who it was. "It's alright Sky, it's just me" I heard April's voice, I stood up from behind the shed and walked over. She had some groceries in her hands, i rushed over to help her. "Ahh, thanks! How much were they? I know that Mikey has been working more so I wanted to give him more Gatorade." I quickly asked as April simply waved her hands, I set the groceries down. "It's no worries, plus I got a huge pay from a major tycoon client" She smiled at me. "Minus the fact that Casey broke something too." I couldn't help but giggle at her.

 She seemed happy with Casey, ever since they got together things have been good for them. I looked around and smiled at the garden. "Do you need anything else, I can have Casey make another trip to the store?" Looking back at April I shook my head. "Nah, If only Raph ate my food. I'd probably have to make more, but all he eats is milk and cereal." I shrug as I look down at the streets of new york, April walks over to me and stands next to me. She places her hand on my shoulder. "You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. If anything, Casey has told me that he's seen Raph with small containers of your food." I smile softly imagining Raph sneaking food in the middle of the night. "I guess I always thought that it was Mikey." I frowned again and shrugged April's Hand away. Walking over to the groceries I grab all of them and the basket of groceries. "Do you want any help with those?" She asked me as I shake my head, I gave her a smile and jumped down the fire escape. I jumped to another roof and so forth, till I reached the alley where Mikey hides his van. I jump down into the alley and set down the basket and groceries. I reach down to move the sewer lid and sighed. I grab the food and jump down the sewer. After closing the lid I run down the sewer lines to the lair's door.

The lair was dark and quiet, you can see Mikey asleep on the couch with the TV on. I walked over to the kitchen and turned on one of the lamps. Setting the groceries and basket on the counter I worked on getting the cold items in the fridge first. I cleared out the moldy cheese and tossed it. After the cold items were done, I closed the fridge to see Raph leaning against the wall. I went to give him a smile, but then stopped. Turning away I finished putting away the groceries and set the vegetables in the fridge. After I was done I turned the lamp off and walked past Raph. I had no intention to start an argument with him, considering I didn't mention to him about leaving the Lair. Sensei knew, along with Donnie. So there weren't any problems.

"You shouldn't leave without telling anyone." He muttered to me as I walked up the stairs. I scoffed and just ignored him. Opening my bedroom door, I walked in and closed it. Taking a deep breath as I grab my rubber ball and throw it hard across my room hitting things as it goes. My breath was ragged as anger coursed through me. My punching bag stood tall across my room as I sauntered over to it with the full intent of beating the shit out of it. My hands balled up ready to punch the bag, as I lifted my fist up. Tears welled up in my eyes, and my fist began to shake. I leaned forward and rests my head against the bag and sighed. I move myself to my bed and sit crisscrossing. I try to slow my breathing to calm myself. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down. I did that for nearly an hour, and I was ready to fall asleep.

I take a deep breath inhaling the air, and wait a few seconds to exhale. "Huh? Leo is that really you!?" My eyes snapped open at Mikey's voice, my heart had also stopped. Leo, he is here. My brother is finally home. I stood up as my bedroom door slammed open to see Raph standing there. "Our fearless leader is home, better go-" I rushed passed him to lean against the upper floor railings to see if it was true. There stood Leo hugging Mikey, Donnie turned around to see me. He gave me a smile and nudged Leo to turn around. Leo turned around to look up at me, I jumped down from the upper floor not caring about the other's concern, and ran towards Leo. I gave him a big hug and started to cry. "L-Leo?" I asked making sure this was really, Leo's arms wrapped around my waist and held us close. He chuckles as I rub my head against his plastron. "Yeah, it really is me." I could tell he was smiling, I couldn't stop my tears. Unfortunately, I couldn't stop my yawning either. Leo pulls away and looks at me concerned. "You haven't been sleeping much have you?" I look away as the others looked at me as well.