Holy Apprentice

《INTRODUCING THE HOLY APPRENTICE HERE WE GOOOOO》

《FLASH-BACK》

"Because You are a monster," The general spoke, aiming his sword towards the woman's bruised and battered neck, the rest of her body, her milky almond skin not recognizable with all the cuts and wounds, her left eye was swollen shut, her bottom li...

"Because You are a monster," The general spoke, aiming his sword towards the woman's bruised and battered neck, the rest of her body, her milky almond skin not recognizable with all the cuts and wounds, her left eye was swollen shut, her bottom lip split, as she stared at the man she use to call her fiancee.

"I...am?" It was a question she wanted to ask, unsure herself if what they were saying was true....what did she do exactly? She tried to make friends with her fiancee lover, a recent lover to be precise, she didn't know ---she---she wanted friends. Outcasted because of her unusual tone of speaking which was cold and held little emotion, her black hair, and lastly her gleaming eyes are what garnered hatred and jealousy from others. 

She wanted love, she wanted to be loved, to give love, that is all she ever wanted. People did admire her from afar but never wanted to come close because she was known as the ice queen. Her red eyes stared at the floor and did not look at the sword which threatened to slice her head off after immense torture.

The woman who stole her fiancee, made her out to be a great evil, leaned onto her---ex-fiancee, and pecked him on the cheek before whispering in the ear.

"My lovely flower here, has told me, you worshipped the god of luck, but it seems your luck has run dry....bring the cross..." Men in various armor came out, hailing a large cross, with a pointing wooden bottom at the end which was meant to keep it stable in the ground, it seemed they made no effort into putting it down.

"Hands of the damn!" The general yelled out and cast the spell, ghastly hands coming from the ground and forcefully shoving Honoka forcefully towards them until she was laying flat. One crawled at her throat dragging its hands along it, not caring if drawing blood but instead holding her down.

The woman leaning on the general gave a giggle while trotting forward to get a better look. "Its all mine, everything..." The woman whispered her violet eyes gleaming a bright color, Honoka didn't bother staring at the woman's face, instead staring at her shadow, which had horns and a tail. Honoka's breathing picked up seeing the woman smiling face above her her long light brown hair waving in the wind, before strutting back to the general and pulling him into a heated kiss, as the knights hovered the giant cross over Honoka's chest.

Honoka let out a scream the unexpected feeling of the cross digging into her flesh ripping past the bones of her rib cage, "Wha---t----did----I do----wr-ron------g-g---" she whimpered.

"Let's go....don't do anything with the body, it will be a representation for anyone who dares to hurt my woman." The general growled out.

《Small time skip》

"Thee---saint----protect---guide,"

A voice whispered in Honoka's ear, as she felt num and shrouded in darkness.

"Saintess,----guide-----proootecttt----"

The voice repeated account its voice sounding like a hiss in her ear, the voices were now faster and more clear, as it kept repeating over and over.

Among the darkness, she saw it....she saw the light...the voice began to get overwhelming as she made at towards the light. Honoka clinched her head while keeping her movements as steady as possible.

Reaching towards the light Honoka didn't simply walk in, she jumped.

~~~Buzz~~~

~~~Buzz~~~

~~~Ring~~~

~~~RING~~~

Honoka woke up with a gasp of the air, the buzzing and ringing in her ears, weren't as bad as the voices she once heard. Honoka let out a groan, as the cross stuck out of her chest, gripping the cross with her shaking hands, she tugged at it. 

Grinding her teeth, she firmly grasped it, before starting to lift it out of her chest, with immense strength, it took about four guards to lift the cross and plant it into her chest. Once the cross was no longer lodged inside her body she threw it aside, still laying while looking at the night sky.

Her chest, her face, and her entire body were covered in try blood and dirt. "Hope..." Honoka muttered,

She had hoped, for her death not to be meaningless, she had hoped the god she prayed to would save her, she had hope.

Honoka smiled, while starting to laugh, laughing hysterically, she had never laughed like this, so freely.

"Saintess..." She muttered, touching her lips which were not scabbed up from the cut she use to have, it was as if the cut was never there, she could see clearly out of her eyes, both of them---her body didn't feel weak, her body wasn't sore from the torture.

Slowly sitting up, Honoka looked at her hands, and finally understood what her purpose was, it wasn't to get married, it wasn't to live like a noble, it wasn't to be like the rest. The saintess....Her hope, her peace, her love.

Her mind suddenly drifted to That woman, she wasn't a human, she a devil, a creature from the pits of the underworld, she wasn't holy, she wasn't the angel or goddess her ex-fiancee thought she was, that woman was wearing a mask.

Standing up, Honoka looked at the cross. She wasn't going to let that sinister evil bitch go near the saint.

And if she did.

There was hell to be paid.

《Current time》

Centuries, she had waited, Centuries of holding hope for her saintess, she had not given up, and had not planned to until she has met her saintess and protected her as long as she need to.

Honoka was on her knees looking at the statues of all the gods, she no longer prayed to just one, but to all of them, they gave her knowledge and in return, she gave them her faithfulness and loyalty.

A local nun, barged in repeating out apologies, as Honoka didn't bother paying attention to her, instead focusing on her prayers.

"The---." the nun took in multiple deep breaths before continuing, "The Saintess---Has---Arrived!" the nun finished.

Honoka opened her eyes while standing up, of course, she knew what the nun meant, the saintess has not arrived at the church yet, but had arrived or been found on earth.

A large smile played on Honoka's face as her eyes flashed a rose gold before turning back to red. "Then start preparing." Honoka's soft voice rang out.