Your Game

Warnings- slight angst

-----In this imagine you are Steve's sister and you play volleyball also this game happens the same night as the basketball game but Robin's skipped band for y/ns game instead.-----

Robin's pov

I was on my way to y/n's last volleyball game. She really wanted me to go since it was her last one. So I got my mom to drive me to the school. "So, you don't have to play for the game, so why are you going?" My mom asked glancing at me. "Because a very good friend of mine is on the team and she really wanted me to go. She even bought me the ticket." I said holding the ticket. "A very good friend you say huh." My mom says smirking. "MOM!" My mom is very supportive of me being a lesbian, sometimes a little to supportive. But it's sweet and I'm grateful. "Look honey, I'm just saying, I've never heard you called someone " a very good friend" and it not turn to something more." My mom said laughing. Thankfully we turned into the school parking lot. "Look she's not my girlfriend end of story." I said fixing my hair. "But you wish she was." She said looking at me. "Okay, bye mom love you." I said getting out. "Let me know if your staying the night somewhere else!"She yelled as I closed the car door, followed by a wink. As I walked to the school the only thing I could think about was what my mom said. "But you wish she was." It bothered me, because she was right I did wish she was my girlfriend. I thought about this until I bumped into someone. "Sorry!" I said looking up to see y/n. "Rob I'm so sorry! I- have you seen Steve?" She asked speaking very fast. "No, why what's up." I said holding her arms to keep her still. "It's just, he said he was gonna get here early to see us all before the game but he's not here yet." She said looking at her phone for the time. "Shit I gotta go." She mumbled "Thanks for coming Robbie!" She yelled as she ran off. So Steve isn't here yet. He's probably running late, I'm sure he'll come. I mean why would he miss his sisters last game.

I dont know much about the sport but y/n tought me the basics of it, so I get the idea of the game. We served the ball first, we got to five points before the other team got the ball. Then they got 4 points before we got the ball. It went back and forth like this until the other team got 25 points giving them 1 match point. They took a 3 minutes break to get new players on the court and go over new strategies. And the game continued. This time the other team served first. Again they gained some points then we got the ball and this went on for about 15 minutes till our team got a point giving us 1 team point. Now to win all we had to do was get one point, same goes for the other team. After about an hour, the tigers got the winning point. Causing everyone to jump up in excitement. Y/n even got the winning point which made all the girls on the team run up to her.

After everyone cleaned up the court everyone was taking pictures with there family. I ran up to y/n who looked like a lost puppy who was just looking around. "Y/n!" I yelled running up to her. She turned around originally looking excited but once she saw me, disappointment took over her face. "Hey Rob." She said with a slight smile. "You okay?" I asked holding her shoulder. "Did you see Steve at all during the game?" She asked looking right into my eyes, which gave me butterflys. "Oh, Y/n....I'm sorry I didn't. But I was busy watching the game so he probably was here and went to go see how the basketball game was going." I said with a reassuring smile. But I knew Steve never walked through those doors. The thing is Y/n and Steve's mom worked late, so she couldn't make it to her games. And there dad moved to New York ages ago, so Steve was the only family who could make to the games. "Your a bad liar Rob." She said turning away. I tried to think of a way to make her feel better. "Let's just go outside, okay. You can call Joyce and tell her about the game." I knew that bringing up Joyce would make her happy. And I was right, the second I said her name, Y/n's face lit up. "Yes!!" She said grabbing my hand running out the door.

Her excitement quickly faded when she saw Steve walk out with Lucas and the basketball team. Then the Hellfire team all walk out, smiling and cheering, but not for her, for there own games. She walked up to a wall and leaned her back on it slowly sitting down. She covered her face with her hand. "Hey, you okay?" I asked after a couple minutes. The truth is, I knew she was hurting, I mean who wouldn't be. But this was me asking if she wanted to talk about it. She shook her head no in response. "Hey, Y/n! Robin!" Steve yelled as he ran up to us. "I heard you guys- woah y/n are you okay?" I said as he knelt down to her. "Yeah, yeah Steve I'm fine, how was the basketball game? Did they win? Did you enjoy watching there game? NO IM NOT OKAY!" She yelled bursting into tears. "What's your problem?" Steve asked backing up a bit. "My problem, is you skipped your own sisters game. To go watch you stupid friend play." She said hitting his chest with her finger. "Okay first off, he's not stupid, okay. And second, I stepped into th-" Y/n pushed Steve and walked off. "Help me out here Robin." He said looking at me. "Your an asshole sometimes." I said taking off in the direction y/n ran off in.

I thankfully think I know where y/n went. In the forest behind the school there is a bench, and whenever y/n wants to be alone she goes there. And I was right cause I see the back of her curled up in a ball against the bench. "Come her Y/n." I said calmly causing her to look up. Her face was full of tears and also a bit of sweat from the game. I held my arms out as she got up. "It's okay, I'm here." I said as she walked up to me and let me hold her. I continued to say things like "It's okay" and "your okay."

After about 15 minutes of her crying, she calmed down. "Feel better?" I asked. She looked up at me, "no, not really" she said as she placed her head back on my chest. "Rob, can I tell you something." She said looking up at me. Which caught me off guard because we had been sitting in silence for about 10 minutes. "Yeah of course you can." I said smiling at her. "I- I think I'm in love with you." I was speechless. So I didn't say anything. I kissed her. It was soft and gentle and short. "Is- was that okay?" I asked, my hand rubbing her back. She nodded her head, as she put her head back onto my chest, so she could sit the way we had been sitting. "Thank you for always being there for me. Especially today." "Y/n, I will always be there for you." I said pulling her closer, if that were even possible. "Hey let me call my mom, she can take us home, is that okay?" I asked as I grabbed my phone. She nodded her head.

My mom picked us up from the front of the school. "Hey girls! How was the game?" She asked. I looked at y/n. "Hi, Yeah uh it was good we won." She said in almost a whisper. "Oh honey I assume your tired." She said noticing the lack of excitement. "Yeah I am." She said with a laugh. " Well feel free to take a nap." My mom replied. Y/n rested her head on my shoulder as she fell asleep. "Told you." My mom mouthed in the mirror after she noticed Y/n had fallen asleep. I just rolled my eyes and kissed the top of her head.

Once we got home I decided not to wake y/n up, so I carried her inside and placed her on my bed. After I changed I grabbed some clothes and put them out incase y/n woke up and wanted to change. After a bit of settling in and I got in bed and pulled y/n close to me, closing my eyes and falling asleep.